PDA

View Full Version : epat capt jobs

kk pilot
14th Oct 2004, 00:58
As a soon-to-be-retired-early 767 capt (US based airline), I would like to continue my flying career. With over 11,000 hrs heavy time, 51 yrs old, 4000+ capt time on the 757/767, and currently an instructor and check evaluator on the 767, do I realistically have a chance at an expat capt. job in the Harbour (Dragon?? or ?). I have applied to Sing but haven't heard a word back. E-mail enquiries as to the status of my app have gone unanswered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kk

BlueEagle
14th Oct 2004, 04:47
I've not ever heard of CX hiring direct entry captains KK. That doesn't mean that they haven't or won't but right now I very much doubt if it is happening.

Regarding Singapore Airlines, they have been looking for Freighter Fleet captains, (B744) and they will provide a type rating as well as B777 Pax Fleet captains, again, they will provide the training. Suggest you telephone them in Singapore, (GMT +8), and ask to speak to flight deck recruiting who may be able to help. You may want to have a look at some threads in the Far East forum regarding SIA, the 'search' function will reproduce them for you, as there are mixed views about them as employers, it really depends on each individuals personal circumstances.

Iakklat
15th Oct 2004, 00:34
Dragon dont employ direct entry captains :ok: