PDA

View Full Version : new changes for US-bound pilots

pipergirl
13th Oct 2004, 08:39
I just learned this morning that you have to register with this crowd before you can be allowed into the states....

http://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/

I'm heading over to renew my SE rating and by the looks of it, i'll have to send then $130 and my fingerprints :hmm:

willby
13th Oct 2004, 09:02
Hi,
Warped Factor flagged this item in apost on Sept 24th and had interesting replies!
Willby

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Oct 2004, 15:04
pipergirl,

You are correct, I would wait until the 20th of October before registering, since the rule is still being defined.

You can get a little more information here:

TSA Training Rule (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147463)

Happy Flying,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

silverknapper
15th Oct 2004, 15:32
Yet another hoop to leap through for the 'privilege' of training in the states. Surely this must be costing them business.

BIG MISTER
17th Oct 2004, 21:57
I trust we are doing this to all oversea pilots training in the UK ?

Your right......this must be costing them business ! ! !

So where would you suggest if you dont want to be treated like a convict spending thousands of pounds and helping the economy ?

:}

silverknapper
17th Oct 2004, 22:16
South Africa is very open, just turn up and go. No JAA schools though...not that it matters as it's ICAO.
Have heard New Zealand fine too.

Perhaps it is time to vote with our feet. I almost went to states for PPL, couldn't be bothered with the hassle. Nearly did same for CPL, then remembered why didn't go first time. And that was before I had to be fingerprinted prior to entering. It's almost laughable.

Close that stable door

SK

BIG MISTER
17th Oct 2004, 22:29
Stable door's right !

I'm very sorry for what happened on 9/11 but stopping me flying a C152 by making things difficult wont stop these people !

If your willing to blow yourself up for some odd idea that you will be a martar and live in a house with 50 virgins....then your in it for the long term plan !

These people will learn to fly anywhere in the world. They may even marry a US citizen to gain a green card. Whats a bit of hardship and messing about to them.....their going to blow themselves up come what may !!!

Sadly as long as you have aircraft you'll have madmen willing to blow themselves up in them !

Mind you how many people get killed every year in cars in the USA ? I would'nt mind betting its more that sadly met their maker on 9/11.......ban cars in the US ?......or how about firearms ????

Right off the soapbox.....drink tea....breath...relax...calm !!!!

:ok: