PDA

View Full Version : Training & Medicals

november.sierra
11th Oct 2004, 13:18
Should I be granted a UK CAA class 1 medical, it will be issued with a deviation on eyesight as I'm slightly over initial requirements but well within renewal limits. Is the UK CAA currently the only authority in Europe operating with deviations or is this common practice in the other JAA member states as well?

I'm looking to do my training in Ireland so will I be ok for this with a UK JAA medical with deviation or is it a requirement to have an Irish medical when doing the training there? Alternatively, does the IAA offer deviations on eyesight as well?

As I would like to avoid training in the UK due to exchange rates & living expenses, what is the best option open to me. I've heard that a deviation restricts you to fly G registered aircraft only, so on a modular course, how many modules could actually be done in Ireland?

Thanks for your help!

GusHoneybun
11th Oct 2004, 19:16
Suggest this might get a better response in the Medical forum.

With respect to the medical and training, it's not something you can chop and change between countries. So, not too sure that you can get a UK medical and then train in Ireland for the CPL and what not. Could be wrong.....