PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann Interview

Peggy Murphy
10th Oct 2004, 11:12
Hi! Does anybody know what the Aer Arann interview consists of???? Is it just a normal 2 on 1 question/answer session or do you sit in a room for half a day playing with numbers and shapes etc. Also, do they conduct a sim check on the same day as the interview, and finally..... What sim do they use. Before anybody starts........... No im not leaving FR ( YET). Just doing a favour for a friend.:ok:

Global Pilot
10th Oct 2004, 11:42
Interview for me last March was the following:
Panel of three, head of training, senior training pilot(chief pilot was on his hols) and HR person. All very pleasant.
1.HR questions, what did you do after school and all the usual stuff how you arrived at this point. She asked me to just keep going rather than her aking all the questions.
2. Head of training was interested in my flying. He is ex Aer Lingus and into cadet type training, old CAP509 school. If your training has been modular try to highlight the reasons for this and how "excellent" your training was.
3. Training pilot asked tech questions depending on your backround. If you are an engineer then the questions may be more techical than if you have been selling fish and chips for a living.

Have knowledge of the comany (as normally applies for any interview I guess). There is some tech into on ATR and PW engines on the net. Questions on GPS and approach aids have been asked amongst others.

They fully explain the following stages in the selection process and terms and conditions you can expect in the first year and also the cost of your training.

Sim check is usually the following week altough this may have changed but it shouldn't be the same day. They use the B737-200 (old EI/FR machine). Altough this has been giving problems of late so son't know what they have on standby. LIFFY 2A SID is a very common profile along with general handling but don't take this as a given. NDB work is expected bearing in mind that the aid is used quite alot on their network.

Best of luck and hope this helps you out.

Office_With_A_View
11th Oct 2004, 12:17
I work here/there and I can agree with the Global it's fairly simple and straight forward no catch questions.

The sim is normally a Liffy 2A and then followed by NDB tracking and a Raw Data ILS to a GA and back for an NDB/VOR landing. Sim check is no more than 45mins (Well mine wasn't!!)

The last intake in August used the 737-200 sim, basically they want to see that basic IR and Scan skills are good and that you can pickup and learn things quickly in the sim.

Good luck and Hope to see you here. :D

LVL CHG
12th Oct 2004, 02:37
I am surprised more pilots don't leave FR for Aer Arann. The ATR is a great airplane and at least you don't have to put up with serious management BS all of the time...