PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair, recruiting

Bundyguzzler
8th Oct 2004, 12:24
Hi all,

I have an interview with Ryanair in the next couple of weeks, does anyone have any idea on sim and interview format, questions??
Any help very much appreciated,

Lil' Pilot
8th Oct 2004, 15:24
Just a question. Don't shoot me if it's a ridiculous one. But why do you want to go to Ryanair, when you've got an A320 family rating? Seems to me with that rating you have a variety of options nowadays. Besides at Ryanair you have to pay for your rating, so I don't quite understand this.

Lil' P

Francesco82
8th Oct 2004, 15:36
hey bundy,

can I ask how many hours you have? I have low hours and no 737 rating so I applied to Ryanair's approved schools as they say to do on Ryan website...although they never answered to me.
Did you apply there, too or directly to Ryanair paying the 50£ even if you dont have 737 type rating?

thanx a lot
bye bye
Francesco

Maxiumus
8th Oct 2004, 17:25
Are you all mad?? Read the many Prune threads about Ryanair. Stay well away. Anyone that joins now is merely helping O'leary bring further ruination on aviation as a career.

clohessy the claw
8th Oct 2004, 17:54
unless you have absolutely no hope of employment elsewhere,do not join ryanair.this company is rotten to the core and you are likely to become a pawn in the upcoming and what is likely to be the worst union-company dispute in europe.you will recieve no pay or allowances until you have finished your training contract which can be up to 6 months after your base check.nearly a year from when you first start training.you will have to pay for all your accomodation and transport,pay for your uniform,have no pension ,no loss of licence insurance.when you do get paid you will recieve 9,000 pounds gross salary and six months on half sector pay.you will pay for your own medicals and licence ammendmebts,and the medical has to be arranged by you to happen on your day off.you will be cautioned strongly against taking days off if sick and constant b.s. if uplifting too much fuel.you will work 5 earlies and then five lates with three days off in between.try five earlies,up at 0430 and some finish times at 1700 or 1800 if on time.that will eventually kill you.yeah you will get a shot at command in 3 years but by then you will be a wreck.think i am joking,go ahead and sign the faustian pact.you will regret it,believe me!i work here and get to regret it for now until i get out,which i hope to do real soon along with 95% of my colleagues.you will also be based whereever fr chooses at their terms and salary of their choosing.you would want to be absolutely stark raving mad to join these scumbags.
shoot, nearly forgot about having no water,tea or coffee supplied.cabin crew who are a shambles,not of their own volition but by sheer neglect from the company.you will get excekllent flight training and fly your ass off,you also get real good at making sandwiches for your daily 35,000 foot picnic.remember to throw the captain a digestive,he has to carry the ridicolous f.c.i's on his back.

how about the interview,just about long enough for you to sign the cheque!

flaps to 60
8th Oct 2004, 18:20
Thank you the Claw

Makes me feel a whole lot better about not getting in with them.

All who wish to sail in the Good Ship FR take heed.

Maxiumus
10th Oct 2004, 22:29
Excellently put Clohessy. Your post should be nailed to the wall of every flight school in Europe. Take heed wannabe's, this man speaks the truth.