PDA

View Full Version : RAF WW2 Tee Emms

Astrodome
7th Oct 2004, 22:36
I am trying to build up a collection of WW2 Tee Emms to donate to an RAF museum.

Does anybody have any they wish to part with, or know anybody who has any for sale?

Many thanks

Spot 4
8th Oct 2004, 04:37
What is a Tee Emm?

BEagle
8th Oct 2004, 07:01
'Tee Emm' (Training Memoranda?) - the forefather of 'Air Clues'....

Which is, sadly, no longer and has been replaced by some purple 'helicopter quarterly' cack.

A CD is available which has the complete collection of Tee Emms on it; unfortunately PPRuNe rules prevent me posting a direct link to it here (although a donation is made to the RAFBF for every copy sold) as that might be viewed as advertising.

But if you google under 'Tee Emm', you can find the site pretty easily.

Atcham Tower
8th Oct 2004, 11:28
I have often wondered if the PPRuNe title was inspired by Pilot Officer Prune, the hapless accident-prone anti-hero of Tee Em. As in "Nobody is completely useless, he can always serve as a bad example ...."

Hudson
8th Oct 2004, 13:07
P/P Prune was indeed the clue for Pprune. You could write to the Australian War Museum at Canberra. About 10 years ago they were selling the complete Tee Emm series in a bound two volumes for around $50 Aussie dollars which is really good value.

AerBabe
8th Oct 2004, 19:52
My old ATC squadron had several Tee Ems in good condition, which I'm sure they'd love to go to a good home. If you let me know which ones in particular you want, I'll pass the message on.

Astrodome
9th Oct 2004, 22:27
Many thanks to you both.

AerBabe, please can you check your PM in the next couple of days.

Thanks folks

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
13th Oct 2004, 19:43
Here he is

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/sparkes/images/nav.gif

Here's a link to an earlier thread

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119188&highlight=Pilot+Officer+Prune

John Eacott
14th Oct 2004, 05:36
The AWM in Canberra no longer sell the copies, due to copyright issues (IIRC). Fortunately I managed to get a set before that happened ;)

I also have a full bound set of wartime issues, which will wind up somewhere in my will (along with original first issues of Playboy & Penthouse: gee, I hoard things.....). Not letting them go before then :p