PDA

View Full Version : NAS 2b rollback question

jsgough
7th Oct 2004, 21:12
Hi,
I have a question now that NAS 2b is to be rolled back in November 2005.

Since the rollback was announced I have not heard anything about near misses caused by NAS 2b. Is this because :-

1. Since the rollback was announced the skys are now safer and therefore there will be less incidents
2. Since the rollback was announced there is no need to report any more incidents to prove that NAS 2b was unsafe
3. There has been no change since the rollback was announced as there were no more incidents after NAS 2b than before
4. The press have lost interest in reporting aviation safety incidents
5. I am not looking in the correct places to find information about incidents caused by NAS 2b as they are nolonger being highlighted by anyone.

I am just intereted now that things are going to be quite for a week or so due to the election and post election sort out.

Atlas Shrugged
7th Oct 2004, 23:25
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/togo.gif

apache
8th Oct 2004, 02:52
My guess would be:

6. Since Dick Smith started his court case, everybody who knows FACTS regarding incidents/accidents is keeping them under wraps to prove, in court, that Dick really is a loser, and that any propaganda he uses is totally without facts.

Of course, I have also heard on the grapevine that there MAY be an election coming up, and of course, anything else is just NOT newsworthy.

DirtyPierre
9th Oct 2004, 01:46
jsgough,

The only incidents reported in the media have been the sensationalist ones. There have been numerous other incidents, usually not involving a jet, that have not been reported in the media.

As recently as the last few days, Brisbane Centre has recorded incidents that have a relation to NAS. These are usually "minor", and hence, not "newsworthy". These minor incidents, do however, show that there are significant safety issues with NAS.

The other fact is that since the incidents at Smoka, Launy, Albury, etc which gained media attention, both Airservices Australia and the airlines are pretty gun shy. Everyone is being very, very careful.

Hope this helps,

DP