PDA

View Full Version : ATPL part-time Ground school

too_sleepy
7th Oct 2004, 11:00
Hi
Like a lot of people studying for the ASTPLs I'm doing it part-time. I would love to do a full time course but I have a job which gets in the way. If anyone kows of a night course or part-time ground school course in Ireland could you let me know. I would be willing to pay the price of the ATPL course again for some regular tuition in a class environment. If anyone else would be interested in this maybe we could set one up out at Weston or in Waterofrd at the weekends.

too_sleepy

kilobravo
7th Oct 2004, 20:25
Too-Sleepy

I am going to start my ATPL's in Nov. but am waiting to do my Class 1 Med on the 9th of Nov. Best not part with anymore cash until I find out if the good Doctors will allow me to earn a living out of this in the future. Still as far as I know, there are no regular courses. Waterford is waiting for approval for its ATPL course. As far as I know it will be sorted next month. Pretty sure it's distance learning and will therefore only have tutorial classes for those who are taking part. Same story at Weston, where I did PPL. They are about to start their 2nd run of students. Again, tutorials will be available, but nothing full time. Pan Aviation also are doing ATPL's with Bristol distance learning, also tutorials when required. This country is just not ready to deal with cpl students, in terms of a long established system of training. We should not have to go abroad where we think things are better organised. Not that flying training is all that well organised anywhere from what I have read on this forum! Still things are improving here but it is early days. As far as organising something, I haven't started the course yet but might I suggest a study group with others that may be in the same position as you. That is certainly something I will do when I start. Also, if enough can be grouped together, maybe an obliging airline capt., CFI or instructor, might consider tutoring on a private basis for a group of individuals willing to pay a few euro a class? Only suggestions...?
Good luck, you sound a little swamped, hope it all goes well for you. I too will be studying bright and early in the morning before work and at week-ends. Think my brain will be fryed by 6pm so better do it 1st thing. Time will tell!? Let me know if anything gets organised as I am sure I will need a monster amount of help!
Later Dudes