PDA

View Full Version : Can CX S/O transfer to Freighter Fleet?

poudaduk
6th Oct 2004, 18:21
If one accepts a direct entry S/O position in HK, it is possible to internally transfer to fy freighters and base outside of HK? If so, what kind of time limits apply? I know the requirements to have the right to work where you are based; just trying to get some info.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Safe flying.

Flying Clog
6th Oct 2004, 20:44
I believe you're base and fleet frozen for 3 years after joining. Might be wrong.

Good Luck!

Canadian Beech
7th Oct 2004, 03:22
Sounds like there's lots of action happening there!

splatgothebugs
8th Oct 2004, 01:02
So just to clairify....................is it possible after getting in to ask to go to the freighters insteed of the pax fleet. Or is it just standard that you go straight in as a S/O on pax fleet?

splat:ok:

Colonel W E Kurtz
12th Oct 2004, 13:13
Regarding SO to Freighter FO:

Are their vacancies on the 400F, or is it just the Classic? Will you then be working for ASL, or will you keep your Cathay Seniority?
Also what is the pay for a year one FO on a UK base?

Thanks!:cool:

Flying Clog
15th Oct 2004, 11:44
It sounds like they're recruiting for both the 742 and 744 in Europe, with the most likely bases being LHR and FRA. FRA being 742 only.

Starting pay for UK F/O is 41,000 pounds, plus (I think) 100 US dollars a day duty pay.

Once you join pax S/0 or freight F/0 you get a CX seniority number which you keep for the rest of your career there.

No your not employed by ASL. You are employed by a wholly owned subsidiary of CX on the freight fleet, but you get a CX seniority number. So it's slightly different from the ASL days, and a LOT better apparently.

Hope that helps