PDA

View Full Version : EZY holding pool

porthews
6th Oct 2004, 08:39
Ciao

I am looking for people who also got hired into the EZY holding pool.
It would be nice to exchange information and thought with people who are in the same boat.

Cheers STEF

:ok:

speedbird_heavy
6th Oct 2004, 10:39
By mistake you have posted this in the wrong forum. It should have gone in either the questions (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=67) or the Interviews, Jobs & Sponsorship (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=104) forums. Perhaps you will have more luck posting in one of those forums.

Superfly
6th Oct 2004, 13:05
I saw a BALPA circular back in August stating about this EZY holding pool. The news at the time was that

1) the pool was a new creation

2) They were hoping to keep people in it for a maximum of 6 months

SF

porthews
6th Oct 2004, 13:49
Sorry my mistake!

Actually I want to put it into the I, J+S forum.

Anyway, thanks guys

Cheers Porthews:oh:

easyswimmer
6th Oct 2004, 17:06
from what i hear it will be at least june before anything happens

joe
6th Oct 2004, 20:22
How come easy is slowing down on the recruitment? or is it just that the pool is that big?.

New airbus's being delivered every few weeks, surely plenty of crews are required, or is easy feeling the pinch a bit.

Enlighten us.

redsnail
6th Oct 2004, 21:13
A couple of reasons.
easyJet were predicting a growth of ~25%, now reduced to about ~16%. This will have a knock on effect on crewing requirements.
Also, easyJet have delayed accepting some A319's because of FOD damage to the engines. They weren't the only company affected.

None the less, the company is still expanding but at a slightly slower rate.

Arrowhead
7th Oct 2004, 08:51
They also announced they were getting rid of the 737s and going all Airbus... so they will be transferring the 737 crews over

joe
7th Oct 2004, 10:05
Surely not getting rid of the 700's in the near future???

Redsnail, can you expand on the FOD damage, where, when, why??

Cheers

redsnail
7th Oct 2004, 11:11
The FOD has happened to new aircraft prior to delivery. easyJet didn't do it. Look for where Airbus build them and there's the answer. :) Other than that, I can't say with any accuracy.

EGAC_Ramper
7th Oct 2004, 11:11
I believe the FOD damage ocurred at the Airbus plant in Germany.Think it to be the runway in use was newly laid but after a few departures and arrivals the a/c began to pick up debris from the runway.With this in mind the runways was closed and like mentioned a number of airlines were affected,including Frontier and Easyjet.All of which Airbus are no fixing at their own expense!:O

Regards

CaptainProp
8th Oct 2004, 11:57
As far as I can understand, the course(-s) starting in oct. have been cancelled/delayed....

sally at pprune
9th Oct 2004, 19:51
The way it was explained to me was that the revised growth plans are being managed by getting rid of the older 737s (not the 700s) - therefore there are a large number of 737 pilots to be type converted and all the available Airbus courses are full with internal pilots for the next 6 months

orangetree
10th Oct 2004, 14:15
the recruitment workshops are also stopping this month..supposedly until feb 2005. That may just be for non-type rated guys though.

no sponsor
12th Oct 2004, 08:52
The Easy Airbus fleet is going to Stansted to replace the -300s. Luton will remain on the 737NG.

A friend of mine has his conversion course set for the new year.