PDA

View Full Version : Questions on technology

deirdre
20th Feb 2002, 23:16
HELLO!!

My name is Deirdre and I am a PhD student in the department of psychology at Trinity College Dublin (Ireland).

I am in the initial stage of an experimental study, and am collecting information on what air traffic controllers think of the technology they use in their work. By technology I mean, for example, the radar, the FPS, strips (if they are electronic), the radio, the telephone, the VDU with weather information.

I am looking for controllers to reply to the 3 questions below. If you have time, please give examples in your answers. If you have any queries, or you find the questions unclear, please do not hesitate to contact me ([email protected]).

Please note that you will remain anonymous, your name and email address will not appear in the results. However, if you agree, I may mention the country you work in.

Thank you for your time!!

. .QUESTION ONE. .1. Please list the characteristics that describe technology that works well. If possible include examples of efficient and. .inefficient technology.. .-> A controller thinks technology works well if it is...

QUESTION TWO. .2. Please list the characteristics that describe technology that helps a controller work well. If possible include examples. .of useful and useless technology.. .-> A controller thinks technology is useful in helping him/her do their job if it is...

QUESTION THREE. .3. Please list the characteristics that describe technology that a controller trusts. If possible include examples of. .trustworthy and untrustworthy technology.. .-> A controller thinks the technology he/she uses can be trusted if it is...