PDA

View Full Version : Royal Aero Club WA

mysector?
4th Oct 2004, 11:25
Anyone got any info on these guys?

Good set up, worth looking into?

Any of you used them before/hired from them recently?

Any info gratefully received,

Cheers.

G

Azimuth
5th Oct 2004, 04:10
Have a look at www.racwa.asn.au

the wizard of auz
5th Oct 2004, 05:13
I expected to see about two dozen replys.
I was almost sure that after everyone had told you their opinion on this one, you would still be in the dark. :E

JSM
5th Oct 2004, 08:58
...... Sausage Factory:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Continental-520
5th Oct 2004, 13:31
Great training set up/fantastic as a flying school...but don't fall in the trap of working there.

Icarus2001
6th Oct 2004, 01:06
mysector What exactly do you want to achieve? Are you looking at undertaking training in WA or simply looking to hire an aircraft.

RACWA aircraft are well maintained and if one goes U/S they can usually swap you to another aircraft as they have a large fleet. They are also the most expensive people to hire or train with at Jandakot (usually).

Gyro drifter
6th Oct 2004, 03:56
I train at racwa.
Great place, friendly atmosphere and a good place allround.
I dont mind paying a little extra for piece of mind when i jump into their planes. Knowing that the aircraft you fly are in tip top condition and no short cuts are taken with maintanence is a good feeling. Ive cross hired aircraft from other major flying schools and quite frankly they are in **** condition compared to racwa's fleet.
I get on really well with my instructors. They are both friendly and proffesional.

You cant really ask for much more in a flying school.

Gyro

that chinese fella
7th Oct 2004, 08:11
I'm not even a fixed wing pilot but have had a few dealings with RACWA thru family and associates but I would give them a thumbs up.

Any school that trains the large numbers of pilots that RACWA do will always have an element of "sausage factory" about it.

Good luck

TCF

Azimuth
8th Oct 2004, 12:33
but don't fall in the trap of working there.

Why not? It's a great place to work:ok: