PDA

View Full Version : Any former air wisc pilots at CX out there?

davd10
4th Oct 2004, 05:33
Just had a couple of questions about company certified logbooks. I have never heard of having my logbook endorsed by my company in the U.S. but was told this is standard practice in other countries. What exactly does the CAD look for. Is it a stamp, or signature in your logbook by the chief pilot or just a letter from him stating everything in your log is accurate?

Oasis
4th Oct 2004, 08:10
I don't think you have to certify you logbook, in the beginning of you logbook is should state that you didn't fudge any numbers, so they should just take you word for it. Check with the recruiter.

cheers!

dogleg
4th Oct 2004, 13:12
The CAD is more concerned about "proper" logbook entries. i.e. seperate entries for every leg flown, departure and destination indicated, type of aircraft (ICAO code), etc.

They will want it certified at the end. Just get your chief pilot, or DFO to make an entry that "all entries are certified correct" with his name, title and licence number if applicable.

If you cannot comply with this, they will probably want you to write a letter to accompany your logbook certifying that all entries are true and correct.

Hope this helps...

davd10
4th Oct 2004, 17:07
Thank you for the information.

Having my logbook certified was the only real concern they had regarding my logbook at the second interview at CX, and I wasn't quite sure how to get that done.

Thanks..

banana head
7th Oct 2004, 10:08
Or you could get your logbook entries certified in your local FAA office. ( useful if you don't want Air Wiscon to know you are thinking of leaving! )
Its shouldn't be a problem as the company are required to keep a record of your experience gained, so the FAA will stamp your logbook safe in the knowledge that you would be very stupid indeed to turn up with forged entries!