PDA

View Full Version : Selection at OAT

rba194
30th Sep 2004, 18:18
Hi - I join this forum from the world of helicopters which are great fun but will only ever be a hobby for me. I have decided to embark upon a fixed wing career and soon have the APP selection at Oxford Aviation Training.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to best prepare for the selection process? I did GCSE maths & physics about 13 years ago and flew through them but since then have done nothing mathematical so any advice would be much appreciated - both for the tests and interviews.

Thanks!

Milt
1st Oct 2004, 02:34
In pilot speak this thread is

Selection at Outside Air Temperature !!!

oxford blue
1st Oct 2004, 08:17
OAT do not reject candidates who are otherwise suitable for the APP on the grounds of maths/physics performance at selection. They take the view that if you are assessed as having sufficient pilot aptitude, motivation, and maturity, then you will be able to get up to speed by doing a course of pre-ATPL Maths and Physics private study. Contact Mike Taylor, OAT's Career Development Officer though the OAT website for more information and he will give you personal advice.

OAT also provide a one-week pre-ATPL Maths and Physics refresher, but if you were good at these things once, you probably won't need that. A bit of self-study should sort you out.

Paul Stott
4th Oct 2004, 18:08
As far as the maths and physics go, if you call up London Metropolitan University and express an interest in their courses, they send you out a free precourse maths and physics revision book and an entrance exam.