PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Lowfly Selection

fireflybob
30th Sep 2004, 07:51
Well at last some light at the end of the tunnel or is it the train coming in the opposite direction?

I have been offered (and accepted!) selection and interview with Thomson LowFly - anyone got the heads up on their selection/interview procedures - any good gen would be welcome. Thanks for any help.

Roidelstein
30th Sep 2004, 09:55
Hi firefly

Day 1 is group exercises (discussing a scenario as part of a group in front of a panel), maths reasoning (revise GCSE maths such as long division, fractions, algebra etc - no calculators allowed!), verbal reasoning (assumptions, deductions, conclusions etc) and a typical psychometric test.

If you pass day 1, you'll be invited for an interview with an aviation psychologist, an interview with a management pilot + someone from HR, then a sim assessment (mostly seems to be in 757). Nothing technical in the interviews, perhaps just a couple of CRM situations or something.

Best of luck! Oh, and know the name - it's Thomsonfly. Which will apply to all of Britannia soon apparently.

JB007
30th Sep 2004, 10:57
Good news Bob...congrats!

Best of luck

yellowsub
9th Oct 2004, 08:19
It's been my lucky day too! I have an interview as well. Did you find out any more about the 1st day selection?

regards..,

Akro
17th Oct 2004, 13:40
Hi guys,

Just want to bump that thread here!

Any news on what exactly the first and second assessment day for ThomsonFly looks like?
Furthermore, does anyone know some good websites where you can train those psychometric tests (nummerical, verbal and so on...)???

Any input highly appreciated!

Monitorverticalspeed
17th Oct 2004, 15:01
Hi all,

Got an interview at the end of the month, can I ask what flying background you have??

Cheers

mtnflyer
17th Oct 2004, 17:29
hey fella's , does anybody know any operations that help with interview prep for thomson/Britannia.i'm in at end of the month too.
btw,turbine exp >4k

JOSHUA
19th Oct 2004, 19:18
Out of interest, how many hours do you guys have?

I've tried applying to Thomsonfly (via Britannia) with a few hundred turbo prop hours but have so far been unsuccessful.....

Monitorverticalspeed
19th Oct 2004, 21:31
I've got just shy of 500 hours on type.