PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Multi

ace4bars
30th Sep 2004, 07:39
Gday Dudes (dudettes),

I'm a CPL (ATPL Subjects passed) MECIR Rated pilot.

Have 712.4 TT, mostly instructing but some scenics time. Just cracked 500 PIC, and wanting advice on where to find multi work (turbine prefarable, but piston OK).

I live in Melbourne and dont really want to leave as I have just found a girl. :ok:

Time wasters need not reply, as your negativitey undermines the spirit and brotherhood that all aviaters share.

Thanks in advace,

ace4bars :cool:

vh-oja
30th Sep 2004, 08:37
turbine, just go straight for the jets mate

:yuk:

404 Titan
30th Sep 2004, 08:59
ace4bars

You want your cake and eat it too don’t you. Turbine job, in Melbourne, with low time. At this stage in your career what are your priorities? Do you want to make a go of your career or do you want the girl? Is the girl prepared to move for you? If she isn’t you are going to have problems because the real jobs aren’t in the capital cities. You are going to have to go bush to find that twin job, as that is where the flying is. If you aren’t prepared to make these sought of sacrifices in this industry chances are you won't make it. That’s the reality unfortunately.

John Citizen
30th Sep 2004, 09:24
Looks like you got no idea.

Why not just give you story to Qantas and ask for 737 NG command based in Melbourne. You seem to think it can be done so easily.

- I got 712.4 hours (don't forget the 0.4)
- I want to fly a twin turbine
- I don't want to leave Melbourne
- i don't want to leave my girlfriend

Just look at what most other have done :
- many gone bush / left home
- many done several thousands hours out bush in a single before flying a twin
- many of us have had to leave behind girlfriends more than once
- many don't get to fly a turbine until after several thousand hours experience (712.4 is peanuts if you ask me, and you will be lucky to get a piston twin with those hours, let alone a turbine)

Get Real I say.

And be prepared to make some very tough decisions/sacrifices on the way.

I also "initially" did not want to ever leave home, but I don't think I would have ever got my first job with that attitude, let alone twin turbine command.

404 Titan was 100% right in saying If you aren’t prepared to make these sought of sacrifices in this industry chances are you won't make it. That’s the reality unfortunately

I just don't think you understand this yet.

Hydrolix
30th Sep 2004, 09:41
ace4bars

dear oh dear. You are a very deluded person, I think you may need some help.

NotAnIssue
30th Sep 2004, 10:08
LMAO!!!! Yeah, I've got about 712.4hrs myself and I'm ready for multi too, but do you think anyone is going to give it to me even on a piston twin out here in the bush, LMAO!!!! Yeah right!

Mate, get real, leave Melbourne, go elsewhere, EARN your right to fly the twins like many of your forefathers have done before you.....

As for Turbine, I'm about to roll around on the ground here in massive fits of laughter. Good luck finding a SINGLE engine turbine job, let alone a twin turbine job with those hours. Twin turbine you might want to look at around the 2,500-3,000hr mark, if you're lucky.

You say you've been instructing. How much instructing time have you got?? Reason I ask, is take your total time, minus your instructing time, and you've got the answer as to how much experience you really have.

NotAnIssue

agfa
30th Sep 2004, 10:09
i like your attitude oja, why mess around with 402s and cheifs just go straight to jets.

ace 4 bars i hear ther are some turbine jobs going at the following address " lesso ar f..k not an issue.com.au"

oja enjoy those nutella sandwiches

LMAO ?

Chief Wiggam
30th Sep 2004, 10:31
I hate to state the obvious but I think you all have been had.:rolleyes:

His name to start - ace4bars, come on!

Registered - Sep 2004 (quite recent)

From - Melbourne (most people here are more anonymous)

For the rest - just read it again.

Of course I could be wrong, which I doubt in this case - but then I would have seen everything.

Good for a laugh though, thanks.:ok:

gatfield
30th Sep 2004, 10:46
Nothing like some friendly ppruners to bring you back to planet earth eh ace4bars?

What sort of name is that anyway?

John Citizen
30th Sep 2004, 10:48
very true NotAnIssue

I know some "piston twin" (not turbine) charter operators who avoided employing flying instructors and also did NOT count any instructing time, for the reasons you said.

In regards to finding a twin turbine job in Melbourne, also ask for :
- no early morning starts
- no late finishes
- no weekend work/public holiday work
just to keep your girlfriend happy and because she is threatening to leave you.

And also tell Qantas you are quite happy to start on a light twin (737) to start with but you would like the A330 in 6 months time, because you are so experienced.

Chief Wiggam

I think you are right, we've all been had. But a good laugh anyway.

Though I think some people do think it is so easy (like many of us when we first started).

Ibex
30th Sep 2004, 12:03
Ah ha.

Nothing like a blatantly obvious wind up to bring em out of the woodwork.

Sorry chaps, you have been had. When will people learn to ignore?

Ole young ace 4 bars would be cracking the side of his lips with the quite predictable and boring replies.

As much as I would like to say that 4 bars is the fool, I think that those fools who rush in may be more so.

Don't be embarrassed, why it’s only a game!

janesays
1st Oct 2004, 01:04
Ace Four bars, I know of a company that is looking for someone of about that experience to fly right seat in a 1900D. You'll have to leave Melbourne tho, PM me if you're interested.

Boney
1st Oct 2004, 01:24
Know of someone for a right hand seat on the 1900D - hmm, let me guess, have to pay for the endorsement and maybe work sub award. Why else would they be looking for someone with relatively low hours but to bend them over.

Usually the way when they don't ask for 1,500TT, 500multi and a space shuttle endorsement.

Towering Q
1st Oct 2004, 06:14
Time wasters need not reply, as your negativitey undermines the spirit and brotherhood that all aviaters share.

There you go, you are all time wasters!

Bula
1st Oct 2004, 10:49
You say you've been instructing. How much instructing time have you got?? Reason I ask, is take your total time, minus your instructing time, and you've got the answer as to how much experience you really have.

YOU PELICAN!!!!!

Get off you pedestal and take a lye down mate.....

maxgrad
1st Oct 2004, 11:16
like fishing isn't it
great for a laugh
please keep it going I'm enjoying myself.

Mr Proachpoint
1st Oct 2004, 22:25
Ace,

I hear the leader of the Blue Angels is leaving the US Navy shortly. Have you sent your CV to them? That's a twin turbine job however you'd probably have to leave Melbourne..........

MAPt

ace4bars
2nd Oct 2004, 01:03
Thanks guys for all for your responses, but leaving Melbourne is really not an option....

ace

Towering Q
2nd Oct 2004, 02:56
Then the A330 gig at QF is just for you. Friend of mine got in recently and loves it, however he is getting a little bored with Hong Kong stopovers. Might want to consult the girlfriend about the many nights away. Just tell her you will pick up plenty of duty free prezzies.:ok:

Jetstar_Virgin
2nd Oct 2004, 04:21
HAHA!

There is 2 ways to look at this one.

1, If this is a massive g up well done sir, what a way to bring out some utter sarcasm that this forum has desperately needed.

2, If this guy is in fact serious I'm suprised that you've reached 700 hours without killing yourself. You posess a general naivety rarely seen these days and if you're happy with the way it's going you'll find that the only equipment you be playing with is your twig n berries.

Take a very long lie down and lets hope someone does you a favour and belts you over the head with something resembling Matt Haydens canoe of a cricket bat.

Binned :yuk:

The Other Half
2nd Oct 2004, 05:00
Best wind up I've seen in ages! :} :} :} :} :}
Sad but true of a lot though :hmm:

Reverseflowkeroburna
2nd Oct 2004, 12:09
Awwww, c'mon 8bars or whatever....................we gotta see this girl. She must sure be somethin!!??:ok:

Oh and NASA are talkin about another lunar landing too.......................send em your CV! ;)

cubnut
4th Oct 2004, 02:37
Would our friends that object to the usefulness of instructing time like to elaborate? And please ensure you do elaborate and not just assume whatever point you think that you have is obvious to all and sundry.

I for one am pretty sure I've meet a few (ummmm lets see.....ahhh, most of) twin turbine, airline FO's who's total time is made up entirely of instructing (obviously less dual). Also please advise if you yourselves have instructed.

Money where mouth's are fellas.

cub.

:hmm:

Cloud Cutter
8th Oct 2004, 01:46
cubnut

It's obviously a bit different in Aus, the're talking about 1500/500 min for a proper twin tubine job! Your coments are quite correct, I'd say about half have no air trasport experience.

cubnut
9th Oct 2004, 01:42
Good point. Things are very different between Aus and NZ. Why is it though that instructing time can be worth so little in Aus and not be a problem in NZ?

The main point to my post was that if people want to make a generalised statement, why don't they give valid reasons for what they say and not assume that everyone agrees at the outset. :confused: Their post's are otherwise junk mail to me.

Cub.

Woomera
9th Oct 2004, 02:21
Yeah, and just watch out for that darned No. 2 engine. :p :uhoh:

Cloud Cutter
9th Oct 2004, 06:57
cubnut

I think the comments about the usefulness of instructing are minority views based on ignorance.

The fact is that Eagle and Air Nelson prefer air trasport time over instructing. That is not to say that instructing is worthless, but particularly with respect to Multi IFR time, ATO experience developes hands on skill and operational awareness. The flipside of this is that instructors tend to have better legal and proceedural groundings (ie they fly better holding patterns).

Either way I wouldn't worry too much as the shortage of suitably qualified pilots at the moment means that none of the airlines can be too picky - Air Nelson wouldn't even look at anyone with less than 100 hours air transport for a Saab job untill recently (I think this is a requirement of part 121 - but they are able to get individual dispensations from the CAA, and do).

IMO it is best to have a mixture of instructing and air transport experience, this also makes it easier to transition into check and training further down the track.

cubnut
9th Oct 2004, 21:16
Yep I could'nt agree more. Let Cloud Clutter's reasoned, educated and mature points be an example to all on what a good thread post should resemble. Not just half-arsed assumption.
I don't mind what peoples views are far be it for me to disagree but at least have a point or two.

Personally I don't have any worries about the make up of my time. Like you say airlines can't pick and choose at the moment to a large extent. But even if things swing around again there is always a market for Instructors with 1500 hours plus in senior instructor or CFI positions. Its not a dead end avenue and ATO job's in NZ won't be too hard to get for anyone with reasonable time by the time the airlines have snatched every tom, dick and harry with 100 hours multi. I'd say things are looking much better in NZ GA for the first time in....well ever.

cub.

slimthemessiah
11th Oct 2004, 12:39
Why dont u apply for qantas?

You have the min hours, i know of young fellas like yourself who have gotten it with just over 500 PIC.

Should u get in, i bet that would shutup all those pessimistic wannabe pilots who replied so negatively to your post. Best thing to do in aviation is to aim high - and not to be afraid to spk alout bout what u want and where u want to go - just say it in front of the right people - but not in these forums coz its ruinied by so many.

Good Luck

Evil Ultralights
13th Oct 2004, 08:56
ace4bars,

You have made a fatal mistake I'm afraid. Coming onto a forum full of well experienced pilots with your relative inexperience acting like you deserve a twin turbine job. Fact is there are plenty of unemployed pilots with more experience in their little finger than you have with your pitiful hours that would be far more employable than you.
Fact is that the majority of your time has been spent instructing which is considered by some (especially insurance providors) to be relative inexperience as you are mostly flying shorter similar flights most of the time. So in relative terms your experience is a joke.
Perhaps you should learn to crawl before you can walk. Get some real experience with employment that is more comiserate with your experience, then go looking to go climb up the ladder.

Evil Ultralights

Ibex
13th Oct 2004, 09:52
:confused:

And yet still the replies come.

Does anyone ever wonder why windups appear so often here?

Because over inflated egos just can't help themselves blindly type responses that are just a repeat of what the last 50 people said on the last 50 windups.

If any post appears with the topic

1) Will work for Free or

2) I deserve a job with my hours

Have a think about it.

You are making yourselves look like egotistical, overrated, head up the arse opinionated fools by replying seriously to any of these topics.

Did I say look like? Maybe you are!! :D

Bula
13th Oct 2004, 11:31
this one will sturr it up...

Before you go and drag us flight instructors by the perverbials through the dirt, airlines are only coming to realise that "most" flight instructors work better during their initial stages on a multi-crew flight decks then people who have flown single pilot IFR all their lives.

its a human factors thing... sorry to dissapoint.

NOTAM
14th Oct 2004, 07:13
My my my.... Its amazing how many bitter and angry pilots there are in this country :yuk: Guys relax! Next thing ul be poppin a blood vessel! 4 bars man, why not apply for QF? You have the requirements and there's no mention of any multi time required last time I checked!

ace4bars
15th Oct 2004, 06:04
To everyone who has helped with my query thankyou for the time and effort you put into replying however none of it was very helpful. i still don't have a multi turbine job. I'm even working Saturdays now so it's definatlly time to move on.

To those who tried to hijack my thread with your stupid issues over instructing you guys are bozo's & next time start your own thread.

Once again thankyou. Your friend in aviation,
ace4bars

PS the chick i met has since dumped me. i just can't work it out. i thought chicks digged pilots.

HEALY
15th Oct 2004, 06:19
Your girlie dumped you and you have to work Saturdays, whats the world coming to mate, I mean, is it really worth carying on.

Qantas and the light twins (B737's) are waiting mate but clear up your spelling first before stage 2.

Still, its a great wind up and you replied just in time to get people fired up again, GOOD ON YOU

John Citizen
15th Oct 2004, 12:39
Ace4bars

you are a complete tosser, whether this is a wind up or not.

tom19
15th Oct 2004, 16:49
This "wind up " is really getting boring now....

get over it and get off the guys back...

cubnut
17th Oct 2004, 01:18
IF this was a real post and not so obviously a wind up I would say to ACE "make sure you get the shotgun right inside your mouth."

Oh and BULA... "WORD" my brother. Big ups!

I can't believe someone actually made a statement that Insurance Companies have any idea what makes someone a good FO. :\

Cub.

ace4bar's girlfriend
19th Oct 2004, 00:06
I do dig pilot's, but only one's that come through with all the promises.

If you think it was cool to come to my house wearing a flightsuit and take me out nightclubing wearing your headset, then you are very much mistaken.

You told me that getting into turboprop's would be a breeze because you were an instructor with 700+ hours......ohhh how you were wrong.

Anyway I found a real pilot. He got out of his comfort zone and went out to the bush where he did a couple of thousand hours on singles and then twins. He kept his mouth shut and his eyes open and now he's with a small RPT company.

Anyway Mr smarty pant's ace4bars stop phoning me or I WILL get that restraining order like I promised.

P.S. your mum and dad want you out of the house...after all you are 36 years old.

:E

Mr Proachpoint
19th Oct 2004, 03:35
On the subject of Mum and Dad, I was having a yarn with Ace4bars Sr. the other day. He is pretty dark about his boy struggling to get the multi-turbine job. He says that if he had known his boy was going to have to work hard for a real pilots job, he wouldn't have given him the cash in the first place.

MAPt

ace4bars
19th Oct 2004, 05:17
It's so obvious how bad she still wants me.:ok:

kiwi chick
19th Oct 2004, 05:55
..giggle..

Tom19

This "wind up " is really getting boring now....

so why keep reading it?

:confused:

We're enjoying it, leave us alone.

Kiwi Chick :E

ace4bar's girlfriend
19th Oct 2004, 07:52
Crack 750.0 hr's then phone me.

P.S. The local bikie club phoned - they want you to come and get your Y-front's off their wall of fame. They said they paid you on the night and if you keep hasseling them they are going to the police.;)

Mere Mortal
19th Oct 2004, 12:18
Gee ace, I think you stuffed up this time. With the next girlie you meet tell her your a librarian, you might do better this time (it works for me). As far as your career is concerned, now she's dumped you, p*&^ off up north and fly bongo vans in the outback.

Take those four bars off your shoulders and stick a medal on your chest for working saturdays mate.

Mere Mortal

ace4bars
20th Oct 2004, 04:16
I told you she wanted me. Suddenly 750 hours and i'm back in. Well Charlene(that's her real name) i just cracked 750 hours today (what a coincidence) so stay home tonight, i'll be ringing ya.
ace4bars
PS be wearing something sexy;)

ace4bar's girlfriend
20th Oct 2004, 11:46
I mean't 750 hrs turbine time....guess that means I won't be hearing from you for a while :D :D

Mere Mortal
20th Oct 2004, 12:40
Pick me! Pick ME!
I have more than 750 turbine, am I in with a chance Charlene?

MM

ace4bar's girlfriend
25th Oct 2004, 03:30
Thought I might go and visit Western Australia. Heard a rumour that the pilots over there are the best in Australia.

Got told that the Goldfields boys are the best GA drivers in Australia.

:D :ooh:

janesays
28th Oct 2004, 04:25
It's true, they are the best drivers in Aus....probably in the world. It's the unique combination of tricky strips and crazy changable weather, add the fact that one minute they might be carrying pax and the next DG's.....it's no wonder they're so good. Give me a PM Charlene and I'll give you some tips if you want.

ace4bar's girlfriend
28th Oct 2004, 05:26
Thanks but no thanks Jane. You can keep your 'TIPS' to yourself.

The last 'TIP' a pilot gave me kept me in hospital for a week, and I'm still on daily medication.:{

DirectAnywhere
28th Oct 2004, 11:16
:E An oldy but not so goody...

What did the leper pilot say to 4bars girlfriend?

"Keep the tip....."

ace4bar's girlfriend
29th Oct 2004, 09:34
OHHH....directanywhere I love smutty jokes.

Keep talking baby:D :D :D :D

ginjockey
29th Oct 2004, 09:53
You sound like a horny little snake,
Get that underqualified, turbineless loser boyfiend to take a few obscene pictures of you and post them so we can ave a look at the goods.

Hurry up too, the wife will be home too.

Gin.

Gone Troppo
29th Oct 2004, 12:29
HAhahaha... tricky strips in WA.... hahahahah...LOL.... you should try South Island New Zealand! Then you will see tricky strips... weather that changes from clear skies to completely clagged in in less time that it takes to do your pre-flight. And you have to carry sheep, goats, pigs, oh, and the odd aussie tourist! They have mountains there... real ones, up to 11,000 ft. Not large by world standards but still real mountains. I've seen airstrips that mountain goats would steer clear of. Does that make Kiwis the best pilots in the world? I doubt it. The ones I've met aren't arrogant enough to believe so. I mean even the sheep can fly.
I hope ace4bars is winding people up or else he should take up bus driving. Is ace4bars girlfriend really female... someone ought to check!

Towering Q
29th Oct 2004, 13:17
Hmmmm, for some reason the words "hook, line and sinker" come to mind.

the wizard of auz
29th Oct 2004, 14:19
From one of the goldfields finest to another, I would have to agree TQ. :E :} ;)

janesays
30th Oct 2004, 05:06
:p tee hee hee chortle chortle

Gone Troppo
2nd Nov 2004, 02:06
I was enjoying reading this post so much (laughing my tits off) I thought I would try and continue the stir up. I see that my comments were taken seriously. Goldfields finest... oh please... what a load of w$%7.

janesays
2nd Nov 2004, 10:42
aaaah rats!
I always fall for the double inverted half pike wind-up.

Stink Finger
2nd Nov 2004, 19:30
Charlene,
Don't go to the Gold Fields, all the pilots over there are Gay :).

Max Range
2nd Nov 2004, 21:47
Stinky,
Now I am crushed.
I was under the illusion that W.A.'s finest were bull riding macho pilots.
(One in particular should know who I am referring to :p )

Stink Finger
2nd Nov 2004, 22:27
Max Range,

No, i'm sorry, it turns out they're the biggest ring rustling gaylords of all :) .

Gone Troppo
3rd Nov 2004, 01:47
Hey Stink Finger! I think I know you. Did you used to play down in the weeds dodging birds and tree tops and perhaps work with handbag and big Al P....? Your Chief Pilot was: P.H?
I used to board with handbag.

Quail
3rd Nov 2004, 04:09
Hellooooo Boys!!

According to my spies, can vouch for 1 or 2 gay guys in GA in the Goldfields area however the rest are all hetro - must admit the metrosexual man doesn't seem to last too long - thank God - so full of themselves and their dreams of their big toys - come to think of it the gay guys are just like the metro men.......now that's something to ponder on!!! Don't pilot's bags look very similar to handbags????

ace4bar's girlfriend
5th Nov 2004, 01:49
Hey Stinky. weren't you at Connies on Saturday night a week ago after you finished riding your float in the parade? :hmm: :hmm:

Towering Q
5th Nov 2004, 04:22
Aha...4bars wench...your cover is slowly fading. Only a Perth local would know what and where "Connies" is.:E

the wizard of auz
5th Nov 2004, 12:55
Hey TQ, I dunno about you mate, but I aint a metro or a gay lord.......... and that stinky fella reckons there are lots of em over here. seeing as there aint alot of pilots over here in our part of the world........it aint looking good for your rep mate. :E you better tell him off. :}
(coz I aint gunna bite)

Hey Max, all the pilots in my town are real men. ;) :\

Towering Q
5th Nov 2004, 13:55
Wiz, have just found out who 4bars wench is. She, or rather he, confessed to me this arvo.:E Certainly suprised me. Let me give you a clue...he has spent time with your girl Daisy and only recently moved back to Perth.

Also, how many other pilots are there in your town? I thought you were it.

Dawn Raid
8th Nov 2004, 13:34
Hey Mr Finger

I'm one of the goldfields pilots - and besides The Wiz I can't think of any other 'friendly' people from our neck of the woods - NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

Hey Mr Q - how about a hint as to ace4bar's girlfriend's identity - is it you ?

Actually maybe it's best to let the thread continue being hijacked.

It makes for a good laugh - good on you ace4bars ex, you have bought a smile to my face. ;)

Sunfish
8th Nov 2004, 19:22
Metrosexuals? Does this mean you have to be gay to fly a metroliner?

the wizard of auz
10th Nov 2004, 23:43
As I suspected Q.
Dawnie, I tried to catch up with you in town the other day, but you never got back to me. back home now.
Hey Nappy........FU. :E :}