PDA

View Full Version : What happens if?

quifflegend
28th Sep 2004, 16:24
I'm about to sort out the final arrangements for an ab initio course in America, was wondering how much i could expect to pay for life insurance and what steps i could take to protect myself in the future if i was unable to pay my medical or something happened to me where i was injured and unable to fly? Are the airlines pretty good, like what lump sum payout could i expect if i was working for a regional etc. This just concerns me as we are all aware flight training is expensive and just want to protect myself in the future. Do the airlines offer some sort of insurance scheme in case you came out of work due to health or do you have to arrange that sooner, and when is the best time to do so? i have a class one medical at the mo and my ppl so i thought it best to sort things out sooner rather than later. Any help would be great. Thanks

sorry in case anyone wondering, one of the lines in the post is supposed to sau, \'pass my medical,\' \'not pay my medical\'

scroggs
30th Sep 2004, 04:32
The larger airlines do offer loss of licence inurance as part of the package, but smaller airlines may not. As a member of BALPA or the IPA, you may have the opportunity to purchase your own loss of licence insurance.

My airline also offers something called 'permanent health insurance', which pays me a salary to retirement age if I am unable to work (any work, not necessarily flying) for medical reasons.

Scroggs