PDA

View Full Version : Are Ocean finally taxiing out for take-off?

Thunderball 2
26th Sep 2004, 22:31
I hear from a reliable source that Ocean Airlines of Brescia are finally getting airborne - either this week or next. Two ship operation within two months, apparently.

But then we've heard all this before. Anyone know any more?

five iron
27th Sep 2004, 14:36
They are indeed due to start ops next week I believe. They have all of their crews (European Air Charter) attending training in Madrid, then off to start long haul to Hong Kong.

The guy in charge, *******, is a slippery b*****d, and would be very weary of him. Anyone flying for them, I would strongly advise getting a signed piece of paper in your hand with your monthly pay before commintting yourselves.

Good luck:ok:

Thunderball 2
1st Nov 2004, 18:57
This is one strange start-up.......

An apparently well-funded freighter airline start-up in Italy is surely something that would attract a lot of interest in the early stages, and rightly so. We've had photos of an ex-LH B747-200 at Beijing resplendent in a very professionally produced and expensive livery, but since then nothing. Well, nothing that I can locate on Google, anyway. And the website verbiage - again, it's a professional production - has nevertheless passed it's "use by" date with a vengeance;

"Ocean Airlines will commence commercial operations from Brescia Montichiari Airport (Italy) in Mid 2004."

What's going on guys, anything?
:confused:

ALLDAYDELI
2nd Nov 2004, 13:25
yes, this is interesting.....

Keeping a very low profile and even their handling agent knows nothing much about them. Called them yesterday for their 3x letter code - no reply on the Ocean a/l office phone. Hdlg Agt at VBS not much help either.

Aircraft reported to have been on loan to DLH for short time for ACMI work.

Anyone know if no.1 is re reg as I-OCEA yet or is it still carrying the D- reg from its original DLH owner.

So another "startup", what did happen to AFX as well.
This was in another thread but absolutely no news on either doesnt bode well.

Harrier46
2nd Nov 2004, 22:17
Know a little about this operation as two colleagues are involved with it in a consultancy role. Suffice to say it is not dead yet (but definitely not firing on all cylinders!)

Thunderball 2
3rd Nov 2004, 11:46
Ocean - http://www.oceanairlines.com/

....now why would they offer the Russian language as the only alternative to English and Italian on the website? Mandarin or Cantonese I could understand (given where they're intending to fly), maybe German, but Russian?:confused:

Nick 1
3rd Nov 2004, 16:00
Because they 'll hire pilots form russia . As rumors in brescia say.

CR2
19th Nov 2004, 12:52
Saw a pic the other day. Apparently the have D-ABYO ex LH full freighter.

Harrier46
19th Nov 2004, 14:44
The AOC is expected to be issued this month.

Harrier46
12th Jan 2005, 12:47
With first a/c flying, second one due in two weeks.

CR2
12th Jan 2005, 13:02
Its been doing a few flights for Cargolux recently. Was supposed to leave LUX on Sunday for an acmi flight, only left yesterday due tech probs.

ALLDAYDELI
13th Jan 2005, 12:00
Any clues to where no.2 aircraft is coming from, I-OCEA being ex-DLH.

Also hear rumours of the 3rd VDA "Air Bridge" airframe for a few months time. Anyone able to speculate where this one is likely to come from. Surely, would be a GE pwrd machine and NOT JT9 to fit the current profile.

blackbaron
23rd Jan 2005, 22:13
Saw Ocean in BKK ..beautiful airplane

Munkeh
20th Jul 2005, 19:27
Does anyone know what Ocean are like to work for? What's the pay like, is it commutable etc. and of course are they recruiting?

CR2
21st Jul 2005, 07:03
ALLDAYDELI

I heard VDA's third aircraft is supposed to be ex Varig/Atlas/Air Atlanta -300SF currently TF-ARY. (I think it was N354MC while with 5Y).

acmi48
21st Jul 2005, 07:21
tfary was 24837mc or whatever,n534mc is getting dusted off for focus air -still who needs a vintage a/c display team when you got 14 mercs in the garage and 10 aston martin db9's coming
:-)
:cool:

Atlanta-Driver
21st Jul 2005, 07:36
acmi48

You are missinformed. TF-ARY is still flying for AAI based in LUX. It will be delivered for Volga or Focus AFTER itīs lease expires shortly.

AD

CR2
21st Jul 2005, 07:58
48:

354MC not 534MC...

maverick1980
21st Jul 2005, 16:06
why would AAI give away a 747-300SF which is fairly newer as compared to some of their -200's.

Secondly why not deploy the aircraft for other freighter contracts.

mav

pilotlear
23rd Jul 2005, 18:47
Hi Any of you guys knows when next classic Type-rating course will be hold?

Thanks
Madflyer :uhoh:

...In Air Atlanta, of course....

Madflyer :p