PDA

View Full Version : Il76 at East Mids

we_never_change
25th Sep 2004, 18:04
Arriving at East Midlands Airport (thats EMA & not NEMA!!, silly name) was IL76 EW78849 as TXC1473, should be stopping the night & departing tomorrow on a relief flight.

Quite a rare beast in the UK these days

WNC

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Sep 2004, 18:06
Yeah, and exceptionally difficult to control! I put one onto a Heathrow ILS one day.. asked it's speed and was told "96 knots"!

we_never_change
26th Sep 2004, 21:58
This departed East Mids this morning on a relief flight to the Carribean after the recent hurricanes.

As it was a relief flight, I presume the CAA gave it special permission to operate into the UK since it is in the Stage2 group & therefore banned from UK airspace.

WNC

Fried_Chicken
26th Feb 2005, 19:00
There have been a few relief flights (for Oxfam I think) using IL76s into EMA lately.

wasn't there some interest in re-engining some of these beasts so they are Stage 3 noise compliant?

Fried Chicken

UPSAirOps
26th Feb 2005, 20:19
I'd say the IL-76 is something of a regular down at Cargo West nowadays. Heard, but didn't see, one departing last week.

This was before 2030 when, I believe, there's some sort of regulation about certain a/c flying that kicks in?

ALLDAYDELI
28th Feb 2005, 07:59
No, they are not St3 compliant. VDA VOLGA DNEPR are working on some new builds with brand new systems and upgraded/St4 compliant powerplants. There have been similar threads on IL76s & noise in the past on here.

slingsby
28th Feb 2005, 09:33
Blanket approval by CAA to operate 5 IL76T into EMA and Manston airports, noise and traffic rights approved. Aircraft belong to Aviacon Zitotrans, from Yekaterinburg. Been Moving recent aid to the middle east, where further AZS aircraft have been moving it throughout the far-east and Africa.

almost professional
28th Feb 2005, 10:26
not quite blanket approval-each flight has to be authorised and is operated under strict rules regarding times of operation-there is little lee-way without the say so of DETR
very much my neck on the block if I let it go late!