PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Intergrated Students.

Mooneyboy
24th Sep 2004, 21:28
Dear all.

I would like to hear from ex or present students who have done or are doing an intergrated course in the UK.

What I really want to know is if it was really worth the extra costs. I viewed the OAT website and 85 of their students who have left in 2003 seem to have airline placements.

I acknowledge that some of the students were in sponsorship but for the rest were airlines rushing to them because of their oxford status, or did you have to pay for type ratings spending further amounts of money.

I ask because I am on the verge of deciding on which flight school to embark on and I need more information on intergrated courses. I have a PPL and 1st class medical. I have already posted a topic called EPTAUK VS Oxford but although all comments were very helpful I need more information on the intergrated route.

Any answers much appreciated.

Still undecided
Mooneyboy:confused:

taxitoalpha
27th Sep 2004, 09:08
Hi Mooneyboy

I think this bit of marketing is unclear. I am trying to find out if it is 85 people who ever graduated got jobs this year or if as you say, 85 of this years graduates got jobs. Makes a big difference in my mind.

Regards

Richard

EGAC_Ramper
27th Sep 2004, 11:26
IT is quite interesting and if you go onto the actual Oxford forum this is being discussed by one young candidate.From what I've heard some of that "84" are modular students aswell NOT JUST integrated students which may also need to be considered.
I myself am going to Oxford though on a full-time modular course.

Regards

taxitoalpha
27th Sep 2004, 11:49
Hi

Found it. So it appears that these 84 are indeed from any past graduating year and not just 2003.

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1162

Don't want to hijack this thread and look foward to the graduated integrated students responses.

Regards

Richard

Mooneyboy
27th Sep 2004, 15:57
Thanks to taxitoalpha for finding out about these 85 students who are placed with airlines. This does change things. Also the mikechannon site shows that from a particular APP course ( I think left in July) the first students now have jobs at Channel Express but have had to pay for type ratings which will be refunded to them over 3 years.

EGAC. I have got through there selection for the APP but with a PPL am now seriously considering modular. How much would it cost to go from PPL to ATPL on the modular route with Oxford?

It would be very interesting to hear from ex students of any intergrated course so any comments would be much appreciated since I need to make a decision very quickly.

Mooneyboy:\

EGAC_Ramper
27th Sep 2004, 17:44
Hi Mooneyboy

Check your PM's

Regards