PDA

View Full Version : Vueling Recruitment

madmax100
24th Sep 2004, 07:44
Helo ppl,

Can someone please provide a run down of the current recruitment process at vueling?

Many thanks.......

Max:ok:

meatball
3rd Oct 2004, 19:04
Pilots were invited to Vuelings interview this past 28th of September at a hotel near El Prat airport at 10 am. After a brief introduction to the company ( maybe 2 minutes ) a pyschotechnic test followed by a general knowledge of aviation multiple choice exam led to a break and lunch ( buffet supplied by Vueling ) and then a series of 3 personal interviews reaching until roughly 9:30 pm. Some of us were feeling pretty rough by then. I was informed I had passed the writtens and after the second personal interview told to expect a call the next day for the third and final interview. That call has yet to arrive, but I have found through the vine that I will not be hired. Of the 36 pilots, I believe that 3 spaniards total were hired, the rest from around europe.
Vueling needs to tidy up their handling of pilots in the hiring process. A phone call whatever the result is the least to expect from them.

Aslak
15th Oct 2004, 08:14
I can confirm that one.

I have applied with them twice, twice they have requested some extra info, and then nothing at all.

Would be nice to receive some sort of information about the results.

On the other hand, pilot hiring process seems to be pretty low in importance with almost all the small carriers. It just gives you some kind of feel what to expect later on, if you are hired...;)

iqit
17th Oct 2004, 10:19
could anyone tell me what are the working conditions ,salarries etc. in vueling?
thx

madmax100
17th Oct 2004, 12:02
I too attended the recruitment day on the 28th. They were VERY unorganised!

They didnt discuss any terms & conditions.
All 4 sector days, no nightstops 90hrs a month!
Money incl. sector pay is approx 5000 & 3000 euros for Capt & Fo net
Another A/c arrives in Nov. 1 in Dec, Feb & Mar. 9 planned for next year!
Madrid & Palma base proposed next year!

All in all, i was not impressed and won't be joining this lot.

Airways.com
17th Oct 2004, 16:07
I know that you guys applied for Flight Deck positions. I applied for Cabin Crew (by submitting cv via the website and again once the specific adverts appeared on the site) I know they have contacted people for cabin crew interviews - the only response I ever received was the automated response on the website. It's a shame as I live in Spain, and have been flying a long time as cabin crew..... By the sounds of your experiences I am not surprised I haven't a response from them

iqit
17th Oct 2004, 16:46
thx madmax
i was expecting that your responce would be like that .
90 hours a month is not that bad if your working days consist of 10 hours a day .....you work hard but you have a lot of free time......and money offered ?i wont even comment

bacardi walla
18th Oct 2004, 09:10
Is the ex Ops Manager from Cougar still with Vueling ?

meatball
21st Oct 2004, 18:32
Vueling s Director of Ops is Mr Bertoni, a great man and the best thing happening there though his hands may be tied as far as notifying those interviewed, that happens off of a different desk.

In any case, best of luck to all. I still havent had a reply but luckily have employment so...

lets get used to the new generation airlines:ouch:

bacardi walla
22nd Oct 2004, 14:37
Shame these new generation of airlines don't communicate too well with potential employees AND current ones. The boat has started to rock from what I hear by the Rambler jetty :hmm:

meatball
26th Oct 2004, 10:42
It seems theres already a lot of coming and going at Vueling. Rumour has it that several foreign captains are quitting due to payscale, rostering, consecutive days off problems....
:eek:

muvo
27th Oct 2004, 10:26
Does anybody knows what is their policy regarding upgrading First officers to Captain positions. Are they doing it right now?Are they going to do it in the near future?