PDA

View Full Version : A340 power plant

catchup
24th Sep 2004, 01:52
I've a question for the A340 guys/girls here:

Assuming you are in cruise, all thrustlevers in the climb detent (A/THR on) and you put thrustlever #1 in the TOGA detent,

what will engines 2,3, and 4 do?

regards

VP TAA
24th Sep 2004, 16:09
Nothing ..... Lever asymmetry warning on ECAM .

catchup
24th Sep 2004, 18:08
@VP TAA

Sure?

regards

VP TAA
25th Sep 2004, 10:19
Ok Catchup good one . Lever ASYM on the FMA not the ECAM . But thats all I can find . As to the thrust part I have never actually tried it but the book seems to indicate that , errrr , the part I read anyway . What says you

Rgds
VP TAA

catchup
25th Sep 2004, 22:33
@VP TAA

Sure its on the FMA, but that's not the point. On A320 family, if you are in cruise and put TL1 to TOGA, ENG 2 accelerates to the same rpm (TOGA?) like ENG 1 (ENG 2 TL still in CL detent).

Check my threat "A320 quiz" for that.

regards and nice weekend.

Jr. Airman
26th Sep 2004, 18:15
Direct Cut & Paste from the A340 FCOMs

EFFECTS OF THRUST LEVER MOVEMENT WHILE A/THR IS ACTIVE

When all thrust levers are set above the CL detent, or at least one lever is above the MCT detent, the A/THR reverts from active to armed. "A/THR" turns to blue on the FMA and the thrust levers control the thrust directly. The FMA displays "MAN THR" white in its first column.

The thrust levers provide the crew with an immediate thrust increase, when thrust levers are pushed above the CL detent (4 engines), or the active thrust levers above the MCT detent (one engine inoperative).

When all thrust levers are set below the CL (4 engines), or 3 thrust levers are set below the MCT (1 engine inoperative), the "A/THR LIMITED" ECAM message is activated (with a single chime and amber caution) every 5 seconds until the pilot moves the levers into the detent ; "THR LVR" is displayed in green on the FMA.

"LVR CLB" (all engines operative) or "LVR MCT" (one engine inoperative) flashes white in the first column of the FMA.

This device reminds the crew that the normal operating position of the thrust levers, when A/THR is active, is the CL detent (all engines), or the MCT detent (one engine inoperative).

When at least one thrust lever is set out of the CL (or MCT) detent, with autothrust active, the "LVR ASYM" amber message comes up until all levers are set in the CL detent.

Rgds,

Jr. Airman

VP TAA
28th Sep 2004, 13:17
Catchup
I am wondering if the majority rules . ie with 2,3 & 4 in CL detent those three will govern . The #1 will in that case will be viewed as an error and the thrust remain at its original setting . ...the only thing I can see changing is the thrust limit indication on the #1 N1 Gauge .... I will be up dating my manuals today so I will have a more indepth look . but this looks like a tough one and I aint gonna try it online !!
See Yaa
Regards
VP TAA

Jr. Airman
28th Sep 2004, 16:37
VP TAA

I think the answer's far more obvious and logical.

In answer to Catchup's initial question in cruise with ATHR engaged and thrust levers in the CLB detent. If you put lever #1 into the TOGA detent. The following WILL happen:

-- FMA will indicate MAN THR (ATHR goes from active to armed)
-- Eng #1 WILL Produce TOGA Thrust
-- Engines #2, 3 & 4 will produce MAX CLB Thrust

Regards,

Jr. Airman

VP TAA
29th Sep 2004, 13:39
I guess when all else fails RTFB .. for me . Yup pg 1.22.30-59

You fellas are clued in , wonder if you could help with my proficiency questioneer

Regards
VP TAA

catchup
1st Oct 2004, 10:19
To clearify, suggest someone tries it in the sim.

regards