PDA

View Full Version : the ELUSIVE FIRST job

Kush Agarwal
23rd Sep 2004, 19:59
Hi fellow aviators,

I am a student pilot from India and I wanted some advice about that first job as a pilot. I have learned the generally the most dreadful phase in the professional life of a pilot is the first 1000 hrs. Any views as to how can a person go about it. One option is FI. But then are there any other oppourtinities to build those initial hours once the training is over. Most companies ask for multi hours, but how can we get them until unless we have a job. Looks like a viscious circle, but am sure many of you must have broken out of it, and now could you please guide us budding aviators, HOW?

Kush.

tonker
26th Sep 2004, 10:47
Pilots generally always used to cut their teeth with instructing, and although the attitude to instructing has changed i don't beleive the experience you gain is any less valid.

It's hard to explain how much better your understanding of flight increases, but also your ability to communicate with someone on your left aswell as plan the flight around time,fuel weather etc.

At the end of the day the chief training captain who will probably interview you, himself went down this route.

Good luck :ok: