PDA

View Full Version : Parafield Tower??

beer bong
21st Sep 2004, 10:47
What is going on with the controllers in the Parafield Tower?

After a stint up north for a few years, I have found myself flying back at the 'Field'. In the last two months some of the irate controlling that comes from the tower defies belief.

*There seems to be a continual bollocking of student pilots for the most trivial of matters.

*Always a tone of hypocrasy in some controllers voices.

* Lack of willingness to help unfamil A/C eg. Abusing some interstate B58 driver because he called for a start clearance for an IFR departure.

* Miss the first available TWY you get an expidite call (rude tone) even if there is nothing behind for miles.

*etc etc

How come the pros like Dick,Flash and that chick never seem to be up there anymore?

Thoughts anyone?

rearwhelsteer888
23rd Sep 2004, 08:04
I know the pratt that your talking about and agree that they need to take a good hard look at them selves,Rude ....bloody rude,we're paying them for god sake with all of our enroutes or landing charges or taxes which ever the you want to look at it were feeding the twit,
They obviously couldn't cut it in approach and has been sent to stand in the corner @ pf twr.:E

Philthy
23rd Sep 2004, 10:32
Not making any other comment, but what does "a tone of hypocrasy" sound like?

QNIM
23rd Sep 2004, 10:59
Gday

Have flown around a great part of our great land and for my two cents worth Parafield Tower would house the most uncooperative personnel I have ever had to deal with and Tamworth a very close second. I have found without exception all others ready to help any standard of aviator if they require assistance.
I apologise to any controller that works or has worked in the above towers and feels insulted I must have passed though your airspace when you were not on duty.

Cheers Q

Natit
23rd Sep 2004, 12:17
I haven't had a problem with the controllers out at PF. Certainly there is a wide range of ATC capability out there.

Dick is training out at YPAD now, and as for "flash" being a pro..:rolleyes: I've found him to be abrupt, very rude and unhelpful. The girl you have mention has also left, however the new boss of ATC out there is a female from the Eastern states and seems to be adapting to PF reasonably quickly.

Controllers like John and Rod seem to be more orientated to general aviation operations and I also haven't had a problem with them.

When the ATC out there see pilots making the same mistake over and over again, I can understand how they would become frustrated. Thank God the ATC's at PF don't make as many mistakes as the pilots!

Maybe you just caught one on a bad day??

Nadzab
24th Sep 2004, 16:30
Things must have changed at PF.

In a former life I spent more than 3 years operating out of PF. It would be true to say that in that time I subjected PF tower to students whose preffered language was anything other than English.

In those day's the tower guys / girls (actually can't remember any girls being up there) were really patient and understanding and a credit to the ATC community.

I guess times change.

Tasol.