PDA

View Full Version : Essendon Flying School in Melbourne

maldob
21st Sep 2004, 03:32
Hi all

Does anyone know anything about Essendon Flying School?? I'm looking to do my PPL in the Melbourne area and these guys seem to be pretty reasonable but I'm wondering if anyone knows what the quality is like??

thanks in advance.

Malc

Ang737
22nd Sep 2004, 23:33
Never heard of them. Try National Aerospace Training or Interair, both in the main terminal. NAT has quite a reputation.

Ang ;)

916senna
22nd Sep 2004, 23:55
Dont know much about Essendon Flying School but I think its a one man band with a Cessna 150.
I've been training with Wings and found them pretty good. Give them a ring on 9379 6510 and ask for Monique, Casey or Leith. Ive flown with each of them at various times and there all good.:ok:

Jon

Hudson
23rd Sep 2004, 07:31
There was one school at Essendon with one C150 that operated it with nosewheel tyre pressure at 50% less inflated than normal. The CFI claimed it reduced the incidence of the severe nose-wheel shimmy that had plagued for months. Air being cheaper than shimmy damper oil.

taresa_green
23rd Sep 2004, 07:40
That sonds like one of myu previous bosses Hudson:D
maldob-
they have been around for along time and the aircraft are a bit old but I used to work out of Essendon and never heard anything bad said about him, which is a good sign in this industry although if you would like to Pm me I could refer you to a former college who is working out of essendon.