PDA

View Full Version : Toy or real? ;)

flapsforty
20th Sep 2004, 17:43
A friend just sent me this link:

747 (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/661601/L/)

She used to be a press photografer, is now a 737 Captain and flies small aircraft in her sparetime.
When I first looked at the picture I had to look really carefully to make sure it was the real thing and not in fact a set of toys.
From the air, even a mammoth 747 becomes 'cute'.

BOAC
20th Sep 2004, 18:31
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! Flaps - what HAVE you done?

Standby for pages of - 'it is' - 'it isn't' - 'its Photoshop'.

Hamrah
20th Sep 2004, 19:27
If it's a toy, someone has gone to a LOT of trouble to include tyre marks on the apron. However the true indication that it is real is the complete absence of a single person. Any half decent toy manufacturer would ( innocently) believe that there would be people about.

:)

H

flapsforty
20th Sep 2004, 21:00
Ham, it took me a while as well, but if you look for the high viz vests, there's all of 4 tiny blokes to be spotted. :)
BOAC, nah! ;)

PPRuNe Radar
20th Sep 2004, 21:05
That's what makes it false .. no one ever works at Schiphol :}

Jango
22nd Sep 2004, 09:13
Never seen a toy 747combi where all the doors open in the correct manner. Who would make such an item?

Flypuppy
22nd Sep 2004, 11:50
D'uhh! It is obviously a photoshop montage!

If that is AMS why isnt it raining? :=

eal401
22nd Sep 2004, 12:49
Yeah, can't you see those baggage containers have all been copied and pasted??

Tut, I don't know..... ;) ;)

mymymy
22nd Sep 2004, 13:24
A toy with skydrol stained wing trailing edges? I don't think so! A toy with doors that open the same way as a real B747, and equiped with escape slide? Again, I don't think so! Who would make such a 'toy'? Boeing?
Have seen other pix on this site that make me wonder, but not this one.

3m

Shouldn't there be a tail support in place when loading 747 Combi?

G-ANDY
22nd Sep 2004, 13:32
It is a toy, for the pilots anyway!!!

eurostar builder
26th Sep 2004, 16:27
Theres 5 men out there

Flightmech
26th Sep 2004, 20:49
Nothing to do with photoshop, looks like 1:500 Herpa Wings to me???:ok:

Le Pen
27th Sep 2004, 16:31
Easy Flaps

Real

Love

LP

r44flyer
27th Sep 2004, 17:23
that's got to be a model. it looks too clean, and there's no defined light source, it looks like it being artificially lit.

obviously not a model kit, but scratch built. if it is real, i'll eat my hat!

good job.

-James

Photo
27th Sep 2004, 21:32
no defined light source - Might be a cloudy day.

it looks like it being artificially lit. But with no defined light source. I cannot see how you came to that conclusion.

How would you like your hat :E

slingsby
28th Sep 2004, 08:20
Other pictures by the same photographer, taken same day have no 'discernable light source' so cloudy day likely.

Skydrol stains, open cargo hold door vent flaps, sky shadow/reflection along uppper deck. Wouldn't really see tail prop from this angle. Stand markings correct. Ground safety marker cones in the right place.

ULD fallen off skid, correct cargo vehicles with pallets on. ground scorching from push back tug exhausts under nose. Both FMC's aligned correctly and manned in the correct place for operation.

I thinks it real, but also have large hat without salt.

r44flyer
28th Sep 2004, 09:02
ok, shall i try and be less technical? it jut looks fake, when i clicked the link and it popped onto the screen my first impression was that it's a fake. i stand by my decision! :D

can someone let us know if we're right or wrong now please...lol.

Herod
28th Sep 2004, 19:23
I've been in the tower at Schiphol when they've allowed light aircraft to orbit while awaiting clearance to cross the active. ("This way, we know exactly where they are"). My money goes on it being real. A combination of good weather conditions, a good camera and a little serendipity.

Jhieminga
28th Sep 2004, 19:40
Same here, I vote for a real photo as well. They made me orbit the 'other' tower at SPL the last time I flew across.

As mentioned before: there are too many details that cannot be reproduced this good on any model or photoshop montage. It's just the unusual point of view that makes it look weird.

EGAC_Ramper
28th Sep 2004, 21:24
That ramp is certainly looking very clean compared to what I work on everyday!! Lol perhaps we need to get their cleaners inn!!:ok:

Regards

geraintw
1st Oct 2004, 20:15
just a question, but, does the rear left hand side of the aircraft open like that on ALL 747s? Or has the rear passenger part of this one been converted into freight?