PDA

View Full Version : ATPL at Stapleford UK

uncle funk
20th Sep 2004, 11:43
Hi,

I am thinking of obtaining my ATPLs through SFC in UK. I was wondering if anybody have some experience with this school with regards to the ATPL? I think their price i is very good but i would like to gain more first hand information about the school and the social life etc.

Any information is greatly appriciated.

Thank you very much.

Happy landings everyone

:)

benjamin1981
20th Sep 2004, 12:41
Hi there,

I am currently at SFC and I am fully paid up on the 0 to fATPL course. Doing PPL at the moment, approx 30 hrs so far so cannot comment beyond this stage, but very friendly club, excellent instructors etc. I done a lot of research before going to SFC and found it the best option for me as I live relatively near.

You can do a search on these forums and you'll get pretty much the same response. Anything else you can mail me on

[email protected]

Regards
Ben

stewpot007
20th Sep 2004, 14:31
Benjamin1981, check your PM

Thanks,
Stewpot007

flyfish
20th Sep 2004, 17:12
I am also at Stapleford, on my CPL, although I am doing the modular route so did my PPL and ATPLs at other schools.
So far I have completed my hours building and half of my CPL there.
The school appears well run and my instructor is very very good. Because I am still working they bent over backwards to get me flying and sim slots to fit.
I live 90 miles away and drive in almost daily so it can't be that bad to hold me there.
But its and big step this ATPL lark so it does make sense to visit a few schools before you make your decision.
Good luck wherever you choose.
Flyfish