PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to do an Instructor rating at Jandakot?

flametree
20th Sep 2004, 05:10
After any advice on where to do an instructor rating at Jandakot. Have been to a few along the strip and they all seem pretty even. Any recommendations?

Richo
20th Sep 2004, 11:37
Flametree

Not an easy choice, but I hope you enjoy the rating and the gratification that you get from instructing.

Most of the organisations at JT are good to get an Instructor rating (soon to be FIR) from. They all have their good points and most have there bad points as well. The choice is rather like cheese and cheese ($=$, Aircraft=Aircraft, Standard (more or less) =Standard) with the same result in the end. Maybee look at what you want to do after the rating and the organisation that will give you the best progression in that directon.

Shortly the space below this one will fill with either Praise or piss for several organisations at JT, some will be true and some wil be for whatever reason the poster has. Again its your money and you need to be happy with the choice you make.

For those who know me, I did my rating at RACWA with one or two of the best instructor trainers there are at JT. One of them is still there doing istructor ratings. I did not start work at RACWA but traveled back up north where I instructed for several years, the training at RACWA prepared me well for working all over Australia.

So my recomendation is that you look for what you want in the organaisation that gives you what you want, for me RACWA would by the choice.

All the best

Richo

MinimaNoContact
20th Sep 2004, 13:48
When I did my Instructor rating at the RACWA, the guy running the course did not hesitate in saying they would only employ pilots that had shown 'loyalty' and done their previous flying training with RACWA.

Watch your back and dont believe a word they say...

Icarus2001
23rd Sep 2004, 10:20
Richo speaks the truth.

The courses are similar. However having 3-4 on a course with you can help if you like working with a team, there is support etc you also get to see the briefs given in different ways by different people. If you do a one on one course with a Grade One you will miss this sort of stuff, however you will get individual attention.

Do you intend to seek work at JT after the course? If the answer is yes then think carefully. One school makes a point of not employing their own trainees! RACWA like most usually only employs Grade 3 instructors who trained with them. If you were hiring you would do the same. They know you, your personality and ability. I would recommend RACWA but you need to make your choice for your own resaons. Ask lots of pertinent questions...

How many Instructors do you have employed?

How many trained at this school? (or did not)

Do you offer casual/contract employment? etc etc

Piston Twin
23rd Sep 2004, 10:38
Flametree, check your Private Messages