PDA

View Full Version : Loss of income (licence) insurance

flyingkiwi
19th Sep 2004, 10:40
Hi all

I am just wondering what companies you use for your loss of licence insurance, and what the premiums are like. I have just recieved my bill for the next year from Noall Insurance in Sydney. It is the equivilant to 1/2 a months salary. (housing included) The amount covered is 75% of Salary + Housing.

I am not an AOA member but if maybe a member can give us an idea on how their scheme compares, it may be a useful recruitment tool for the association.

Please no slandering or AOA vs NON AOA etc... just some constructive discussion please, i feel we are all in the same boat re excessive premiums.

Thanks
Flying Kiwi

404 Titan
19th Sep 2004, 15:14
flyingkiwi

Our wonderful income protection has just seen another increase in premiums and a slashing of the benefits. Payout is now limited to 5 years. Personally I am now looking for alternative income protection because the one now through the AOA is a joke.

Oh and please don’t take this the wrong way, but AOA membership is more than just the benefits. It is about housing, rostering, remuneration etc. If you aren’t in the AOA then you can’t have your say in these and other important issues with the company. The more that are in then the more it will be representing of the pilot body.

flyingkiwi
20th Sep 2004, 00:58
Thks Titan,

The Noall loss of income will continue paying till age 55.

Any others out there with thoughts and/or different companies they use?

Re AOA vs NON its off the topic lets keep it about the insurance companys

B787
20th Sep 2004, 02:52
I to am with the AOA insurer. My loss of licence insurance this year has effectively increased by 500%.

There must be something better out there.

backspace
20th Sep 2004, 03:26
I am with Noall/CItigroup and the increase was around 300%.

It's got to the stage that I will just have to risk it and go without, bugger!!

King Kong
25th Sep 2004, 03:37
I am actively researching alternative providers of this insurance. I encourage those out there to do the same and post when you get some good feedback from the suppliers.

We could all do with a better product a reasonable rates. The company that gets it right deserves to get alot of the Cathay pilot's business.

Talk about taking the wind out of your sails!

flyingkiwi
26th Sep 2004, 00:38
I had a meeting a while back with a AIA salesman, basicaly he didnt have much of a clue and from what i gathered they had nothing close to the sort of insurance we need.

any other CX/ or other airline guys out there using other companies??

backspace
6th Oct 2004, 06:54
Concept Benefit Planning in Brisbane are trying to get something up and running at the moment. Should know in the next week or two.

Unfortunately, at the moment they can only offer policies to crew that are employed by Australian companies.

backspace
7th Oct 2004, 02:52
Unfortunately no luck on the previous.

Will have to keep on looking.

Flying Bagel
22nd Oct 2004, 15:13
Any updates on this matter? I wonder what the recent outbreak of meteoric premium rises have been due to.

Me thinks going without insurance for the next little while will have to do...

flyingkiwi
25th Oct 2004, 06:09
FPI (friends provident) have been banging on my door sayingthey have something for me, i have just been to busy to organise a meeting with them. Will let you know as soon as im in touch with them

BMM389EC
3rd Nov 2004, 06:00
Anyone got any more info on this?

Tonto Kowalski
3rd Nov 2004, 07:47
Yes. Contact Kevin McGlynn on 28271199 at Financial Partners International for details of income protection insurance he is co-ordinating. Expect to pay around 50% of Noall's premium, for a similar but not identical policy. Although not cheap, it's the best available.

Australia2
3rd Nov 2004, 15:27
Tonto,

That sounds like the best of a bad bunch. Appreciate any more info you have. (as would many others at KA) Is it OK to give him a call ?

Thanks, Oz2

backspace
4th Nov 2004, 00:34
Tonto,

Is that a Hong Kong number?

Tonto Kowalski
4th Nov 2004, 06:01
Yes, that is a HK number. I would recommend giving him a call. He'll explain the differences between the Noall policy and this coverage and you can make an informed decision. As I said there are a number of differences, none of which were too objectionable in my opinion. You're right - it's the best of a decidedly average range of insurance options, but better than none at all!