PDA

View Full Version : "Write about yourself" essays in applying

OnRoute
18th Sep 2004, 11:06
I'm going to apply for a atpl course shortly and I've seen many places wanting the wannabees to write essays on topic "write about yourself". What are they looking for? Do they want one to tell everything possible of oneself or is it better to tell the reasons for applying or what is the purpose?

willby
18th Sep 2004, 13:29
Hi,
They are mainly concerned in knowing if you have sufficient funding in place to cover your course!
To answer your question however, I would,nt bother telling them " everything possible about yourself". Just concentrate on your educational standard and maybe a little concerning your interst in flying. If you have had any flying lessons of course certainly give details.
Regards
Willby

OnRoute
18th Sep 2004, 17:57
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen both schools that require you to pay the whole fee as well as schools that are sponsored by someone wanting these essays. Therefore I think that there has to be also some other reasons behind this.

willby
18th Sep 2004, 22:17
Hi Onroute,
Seems to be some competition unique to your country.If there is a chance of having all your fees paid on the basis of an essay competition then I would put some serious effort into it. Surely the sposer will issue some guidelines?
Good luck with the essay.
Willby

OnRoute
19th Sep 2004, 09:54
Actually the essays are only a part of application process and the only thing told about the essays is the topic "Write about yourself" which leaves plenty for the writer to decide. You can check the application form eg from Aero (http://www.aeroairlines.com) webpage.

willby
19th Sep 2004, 17:55
Hi,
Check your pm's
Willby