PDA

View Full Version : Hotel/Motel in Coogee area

gravitysucks
17th Sep 2004, 10:40
Greetings, can anyone recommend an inexpensive motel in the Coogee area. Eastern interview and sim coming up, flying down to Aus for a week to do it, and had thought to stay in Coogee. Idea's please gentlemen!

Desert Duck
19th Sep 2004, 02:17
A few years ago I was a regular visitor to Coogee.

I found the Coogee Sands Apartments ( Ph 02 96658588 ) a lovely place to stay, very close to the beach and Randwick Rugby Club.

TIMMEEEE
19th Sep 2004, 23:37
Depending on just how cheaply you want to go there is the Aegean backpackers on Coogee Bay Rd.
Also another large backpackers above McDonalds just opposite the beach.

Who knows...........you may even get lucky after getting that job !!

drshmoo
20th Sep 2004, 01:32
Forget that, set up a tent on the grass in front of the palace or the bay and declare it an embassy. When coogee council come to turf you off their prime real estate you can offer them an a truce and only ask for the northen half properties from the palace up to cloey rd. If it turns sour and they send in the cops you can have a mate procariously perched atop the aquarium bar hurling schooner glasses at the local constabulary

Good luck

Ps - I'll be the bloke atop the aquarium bar if required, half hour notice required

Milt
20th Sep 2004, 02:02
How about Canberra

Blossoms all over now and looking fabulous.

Free camping on a nice lawn by the lake with free power and sanitation. Occasional hassles but never anything serious.

Close to launch site for hot air baloons.

Enquire at the coincident tent embassy.

gravitysucks
20th Sep 2004, 09:04
Nice idea drshmoo, perhaps Lionel and Jacki Jacki'll come along also. I'm thinkin' corroberee!

To those who posted or PM ed less flippant responses thank's, I can almost taste the beer at the Coogee Bay Hotel.

Northern Chique
20th Sep 2004, 15:22
Coogee sounds really nice, but for the sake of convenience, I stayed at the Stamford across the road from the domestic terminal. Five * hotel at a bargin price and super service from airport pickup to drop off... and no real traffic hastles at all. I could see the Qantas base out my window :D

They have themselves another long term customer!

Heatseeker
18th Oct 2004, 13:07
Grav
Sent you a pm but think either my 'puter flipped or I typed with my feet. Let me know if you got it.

Heat