PDA

View Full Version : 737 Endorsements??

wawa
17th Sep 2004, 02:51
Just wondering who does 737 endorsement training in Oz at the moment? Who has the best reputation with quality and acceptance by airlines/companies??

Just a general enquiry..

Thanks again in advance.

PILAME
17th Sep 2004, 05:07
As far as I know Alteon in Brisbane and ETA in melbourne are the main two. If you have a heap of spare cash give QF a call.
Alteon only does 737NG ratings in Bris. I think you can do NG and classic with ETA. As for reputation etc. both seem to be recognised. Before Alteon existed most Virgin pilots did there rating with ETA.

Hope this helps.:O :O :O

Icarus2001
17th Sep 2004, 10:22
As posted above. It depends on which "type" of 737 endorsement you want. Reports are that the Virgin FOs who train in BN with Alteon on their NG sim do better than the guys who do an initial endorsment with ETA then the conversion to NG. Obviously doing all the training from the beginning in the NG is an advantage. By better I mean they also fit in to the Virgin SOPs better as most of the Sim instructors are ex Virgin.

Menen
18th Sep 2004, 13:55
Ansett also do 737-300 ratings at their Garden Drive, Tullamarine flight simulator. New owners have got it up and running. Currently the simulator is flat out training crews for Air Asia, the low cost carrier in Malaysia. Ring Ansett at 9373-8005 for details.

hughgoagogo
19th Sep 2004, 23:40
Icas,

Not quite true. Alteon does not train to VB,s SOPS. Additionally,

ETA's course provides 737-300 to 800 using the SOP's of the operator of your choice.
On completion of this course you will not require a differences course should you a some stage be required to operate a Classic.
I have heard some guy's have obtained NG ratings not found work and are having trouble finding a classic differences course.

56P
20th Sep 2004, 04:00
You're correct, Hugh. Alteon train with Boeing generic SOPs only.

ETA use VB SOPs for those pilots who have completed successful interviews with VB.

Icarus2001
23rd Sep 2004, 10:25
That is a good point Hugh but I assumed :( that people were not doing a 737 course without actually having a job to go to. It would certainly make more sense to work up from the 300 series.