PDA

View Full Version : Tasair

nomorecatering
16th Sep 2004, 16:15
Been doing some research on a Chieftain endorsement and come up with Tasiar out of Hobart. Might do about 12 hrs or so ICUS, maybe 3 or 4 hrs more.

Any ideas of job prospects with them. I have 1500TT with 300 Multi, almost all instructing, and way short of teh 150 IFR plan command hrs for RPT.

Do they do much charter? Is it worthwhile doing an endorsement on the Shrike too?

I hear they only pay casul rates for pilots, no full timers

Any info would be appreciated.

PLovett
18th Sep 2004, 11:02
nomorecatering

Tasair usually employs only those who have done training with them. However, they have recruited others when the need has arisen, for example, when staff has moved on and they need people with the hours for RPT.

As for not employing people, that is untrue. The newly qualified commercial pilots are usually casual but once on the RPT and twin charter jobs they are usually employed.

Apart from RPT (Devonport to King Island & Melbourne & I think Flinders Island but I stand to be corrected on that one) they also do charter (both single and twin engine). As to how much they do now I can't say. Certainly not as much as say a company out of Darwin but all things are relative.

The Chieftains are mainly used on RPT although I think they have one for Charter. They also use the Shrikes for charter and a freight run to King Island, also out of Devonport.

I think their CP is still John Pugh. He is a gentleman and has enormous experience in Tasmanian flying conditions. He would be worth contacting for more information.

nomorecatering, if you like you can PM me for more information.