PDA

View Full Version : Info on ATPL Exam's

AllInGoodTime
16th Sep 2004, 12:53
Hi - Long time listener, first time caller.

Can anyone help me. I did a full time ATPL ground school back in 1996 but didn't pass the exams. I then got side tracked with flying work, then hopped out of the industry for a few years.
Just about to get back into the industry and want to get the exams out of the road.

I am after your advice, I still have all my text books, theory notes, and practice exams. Do people think that this info will still be current enough. I guess Air Law would be different, but am I right in thinking not much else has changed.

Your help is appreciated.

PeteG
17th Sep 2004, 06:59
G'day AllInGoodTime,

It has been a few years since I did the ATPLs but my guess would be that they haven't changed that much. If the Planning exam still uses the 727 book then I'd say its fairly similar, altho I vaguely recall hearing something about switching to 767. Met, HF, Systems etc should be much of a muchness.

I'd suggest you get Trevor Thom's ALAW book, lots and lots of Q's that will have you knowing the Docs backwards, and its reasonably cheap.

Good luck.

AllInGoodTime
17th Sep 2004, 10:29
Thanks PeteG, even back then the AGK had been changed to the 767. Thanks for the tip on the Air Law.
Thanks for your reply.