PDA

View Full Version : best material for ATPL home study?

ss_0001
16th Sep 2004, 07:52
Hi all,

Anyone have any recommendation for what are the best book/s to buy for ATPL subjects. I was thinking of doing the hard ones full time at AFT, but was wondering if their material for the home study subjects was good, or if I would be better off buying the books for homestudy from somewhere else.

Chief Wiggam
17th Sep 2004, 00:31
ss

Unless you want to sit Flight Planning 3 or 4 times and pay $100 each time for the privilege, do the AFT course.

5-6 weeks out of your life with great Friday night pissups.

newbe200
17th Sep 2004, 01:01
yes yes, the friday night cab ride to the rolling rock in noosa is something to remember, but i cant remember it........

AFT is the go

The Bullwinkle
17th Sep 2004, 13:16
1. Met - The "Blue books"
2. Human Factors - Wilson or Bob Tait
3. Air Law - Trevor thom
4. Flight Planning - Trevor Thom
5. Nav - AFT
6. Perf. & Loading AFT
7. AGK - Rolls Royce Jet Engine Book, Handling the Big Jets, Cathay Interview questions,

doubleu-anker
17th Sep 2004, 20:56
The best "material" for ATPL home study is an awful lot of self discipline.

Have to agree with Chief Wiggam, that unless you are extremly bright, you really should consider going on a fulltime course. They will teach you how to pass the examinations.

Remember a lot of the syllabus is BS, as you will probably never refer to it ever again in your future career but it's their system of "weeding out". Every country I think is the same, apart from the US, where a great deal of the rubbish has been left out.

God bless America.:}