PDA

View Full Version : Air Contractors IRL

upfront
16th Sep 2004, 02:26
Can anybody shed some light as to how things are at ACL and what aircraft are now left.....

thanking you in advance
past employee :(

P.s I wonder if HCI is still doing the rounds?

Nineiron
16th Sep 2004, 08:56
I was wondering about that. It was a good company, but a lot of the best guys were obliged to become subcontractors and second-rate employees. The company was reformed with lesser paid ATR crews. I think they still have a hand in the Herc operation and maybe some A300. I saw an F27 in their name on the register the other day. I think HCI went to Africa. Ex 3 engine stoker myself.

kirstys_little_man
16th Sep 2004, 17:50
Brought out BAC Express recently so have absorbed their fleet of SH360s & F27s into the Contractors fleet.

KLM

wheelbarrow
16th Sep 2004, 21:03
Currently ACL operate 5 ATRs with more to start coming at the end of the year. 3 A300s on the French Post routes and fedex, 1 Herc for the post office in uk as well as numerous SD3 60s and F 27s inherited in the buy out of BAC.
Some recruitment taking place on the ATRs rest is pretty quiet. Still good company to work for, roster on A300 and herc pretty stable and ATR will hopefully become more so when current training is completed and fleet is up to strength, rumoured to be 2weeks on and 2 weeks off!

bacardi walla
18th Sep 2004, 15:58
Will Air Contractor take non type rated crew on the ATR ?

skyrabbit
18th Sep 2004, 23:54
I doubt it very much!!!!!! :(

coopervane
19th Sep 2004, 23:51
You think ACL may give an ex ACL 727 F/E a shot on the Airbus?
Type rating?

Be nice if they did!

Coop & Best Job I ever had Bear!

SKY's4ME
23rd Sep 2004, 18:22
The Horizon for ACL looks increasingly brighter, with Aer Lingus nearly dropping all of its short haul frieght services!
I know the last of their 727's have now gone and I would presume the Sheds and F27's won't be hanging around long.

Another question for you is are they still re-training BAC express Pilots or have external applicants got a chance yet!!

Sky's4me

EI-CGO
28th Sep 2004, 10:04
Doubtfull Sky's4me, mostly ex shed guys and even a few ex BAC ops guys on a promise from BAC directors have done the ATR type rating and I hear that they are pretty much up to strength for a very busy expansion within FedEx.

As the sheds and F27's inevitably fall away (there is NO WAY that all the BAC aircraft can be registered in EI- after the initial annexe 6 arrangment ends) then the ex BAC guys will gradually go on to the ATR.

To take 'outsiders' in at a very delicate time for ACL management would be extremely unproductive when at present they are treading on eggshells on a daily basis.

By all accounts it STILL a good company to work for, but integrating a workforce into a completley different work ethic, not to mention FTL scheme is always going to be, lets say fraught !!

Yorky Towers
28th Sep 2004, 15:39
So why are they interviewing today for ATR drivers?

Regards
Yorky:ok:

EI-CGO
28th Sep 2004, 15:42
Sorry, I was under the impression I was answering a question from someone who is not to type rated.

:ok:

SKY's4ME
28th Sep 2004, 16:46
Your right I'am not type rated on the ATR, and I am not suprised they have ebgan to interview for more ATR pilots as Yorky Towers suggests.

Air Contractors own web-site has announced its latest ATR has gone to CSA for pax operations and more seemily are on the way! However I am unsure if it is wet or dry lease (Presuming wet leased as there are few Pilots in Eastern Europe never mind ATR rated!)

EI-CGO is correct however it is a rather delicate time with BAC joining ranks however it is an expansive time and opportunties I hope will soon filter through.

arni1072
30th Sep 2004, 14:04
Why was it then that I recently met a guy (in the Fedex car park at STN) undergoing line training (having just finished sim training). He was on his first flying position, having previously worked as an Ops controller. He had only been with ACL for about 2 months.;)

Sorry forgot to add he was line training on the ATR.

SKY's4ME
30th Sep 2004, 18:51
Arne

Was this guy an ex Ops with ACL or BAC?

sky's4me

arni1072
30th Sep 2004, 19:58
Sorry didn't ask and he didn't say. But definitely not ACL....

EI-CGO
1st Oct 2004, 12:49
Arni 1072,

Not sure if you read my post, but there was one ex BAC ops guy who had been promised (in writing) a type rating by BAC before the takeover went through, and therefore this was honoured by ACL.

BAC had a history of this practise for many years and it is this individual you are referring to.

we_never_change
2nd Dec 2004, 16:57
Any dates so far on when the F27s are to be phased out & replaced by ATR42s?

I've noticed that Manchesters Contractors flight has been regulary operated by a Swiftair ATR72 recently whilst a West Air Sweden ATP has been into Birmingham on the Contractots flight a few times recently, lack of aircraft/crew?

WNC