PDA

View Full Version : Eastern conditions

Dentist
14th Sep 2004, 09:34
Hi all, just a quick question, I have an interview with Eastern soon and can anyone let me know the pays, conditions of work ect working for Qantaslink? Anything from interview questions to rosters ect.
Many thanks
Dentist

Bill Smith
14th Sep 2004, 11:26
DENTIST

Pay is as per the EBA. Do a search for this to get exact figures.
It is around $37,000 under training then $45,000 when checked to line. Add to this overnights and a few meal allowances brings it to around $50,000 ball park.

Good bunch of guy's & girl's to work with. Roster's are not too bad about 4 - 6 overnights a month.

There was another thread some time ago regarding interviews etc. Have a look.

Interview stuff pretty standard. Know you terminal section in the Jepps and standard IFR stuff.
Don't Bull:mad: :mad: , be yourself and you stand a good chance.

Recruiting is pretty busy.

Good Luck

hoss
16th Sep 2004, 08:17
Dentist, I don't know what they are asking in the interviews but shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. Average roster for the month would be 120-130 duty hours, 70-80 stick hours, 5 overnights, few days could be on reserve and a minimum of 8 days off, usually 9 or 10. You will get 1 full weekend off per month. At the moment I think you will find the Captains are working a little bit harder and seems like a lot of recruiting going on.

It's the best/nicest job I've ever had, so good luck with it all. I think Bill has covered it well and the search will show you more.

hoss :)