PDA

View Full Version : Vale Barry Firth

On eyre
12th Sep 2004, 00:52
Aviators in South Australia will be saddened by the passing overnight of Barry Firth on Wedge Island.
Barry had been battling after suffering a stroke two years ago but recently seemed very bright having just returned from a motoring holiday in Queensland.
He was perhaps the most experienced of all GA pilots in South Australia and will be remembered for his instructional activities at the Port Lincoln Flying Club and his companies Eyre Charter and then Eyre Commuter.
My commiserations to Kathy and all his family.

Desert Flower
12th Sep 2004, 02:25
A true gentleman. Condolences to all.

DF.

SmallGlassofPort
12th Sep 2004, 14:15
Barry, you were one of the best. What you did for Aviation SA and especially your local area cannot be forgotten. I never worked for you but feel as I have. You will not be forgotten......

Home Brew
14th Sep 2004, 23:46
Sad to hear the news of Barry’s final departure. A truly outstanding man in so many ways.

This one man had so much influence on my life, from the first solo at Port Lincoln Flying Club to achieving a CPL, IFR rating, twin endorsements – C337 for fish spotting. To then work for him at Eyre Charter/Commuter was a great pleasure. He was a very patient and kind man, always paying award wages with no fuss, and taking great care of his aircraft especially the Piper Arrow FTH, which was a pleasure to fly.

I look back at the planes I’ve flown, and places that I have been since then and owe him heaps. There will always be a place for him in the jump seat of my cockpit.

Condolences to Kathy and his family.

Home Brew

Any details of funeral arrangements and memorial requests would be appreciated.

Desert Flower
15th Sep 2004, 11:26
Any details of funeral arrangements and memorial requests would be appreciated.

Funeral details as follows: The Relatives and Friends of the late Mr BARRY DONALD FIRTH, late of Port Lincoln, are advised that his Funeral Service will be conducted, in its ENTIRETY, at West Coast Memorial Park, Port Lincoln, on THURSDAY September 16 at 11.00 a.m.
WEST COAST FUNERALS
AFDA, NFDA & ACCA
8684 2001

Home Brew, hope you get this in time.

DF.