PDA

View Full Version : EFT vs HURRACANE???

EIDW RJ85
10th Sep 2004, 17:54
Just wondering??

Has anyone else heard that EFT in FT. Pierce got leveled to the ground by the recent Twisters in Florida?? I did hear the Vero beach got it pretty bad, so i suppose Ft Pierce must have too?? I wonder did they get the planes out in time???

Not too sure tho as its only a rumour i heard???

mattd2k
10th Sep 2004, 18:27
EIDW,

Not sure about the source of your rumours but they are grossly incorrect! All the aircraft were evacuated out of state and returned safely mid-week. There was some minor damage to the roof of the building but this has been fixed and normal operations recommenced this morning.

As I understand it evacuations plans are being put into place should Hurricane Ivan threaten to interrupt operations, to enable flights to continue out of State.

Ft. Pierce and Vero Beach did get hit pretty badly but things are gradually getting back to normal here. The rumour you heard may have come from the fact that the Piper factory at Vero’s airport were pretty much levelled.

Hope this answers your questions.

EIDW RJ85
10th Sep 2004, 18:54
Cheers.

As i said it was only a rumour that i heard so i just wanted to check as i have trained at EFT and was just wondering??

:ok:

dickon
12th Sep 2004, 18:00
Funny how rumours work!

I heard that they got most planes away but 2 were left in the hangar and got squashed by that minorly damaged roof of theirs.

Hope all is well again though, Good luck with Ivan.

:ok:

Mordacai
12th Sep 2004, 20:13
Its a case of Chinese whispers, and a complete load of you know what!!!

I repeat, NORMAL OPERATIONS RESUMED!!!!!!!!

Ivan is forecast to make landfall in north west florida, I.E. no where near Ft. Pierce.