PDA

View Full Version : Who have you flown? (Brag session)

disco_air
10th Sep 2004, 11:45
G'day all,

No, its not a physics question to send you all insane again.

In your careers, who are some famous people you have had on your passenger manifest?

I'm interested to see who comes up!

...Disco

Capt Fathom
10th Sep 2004, 12:03
Me! I'm the only VIP onboard :E

Wizofoz
10th Sep 2004, 12:18
John Denver, The Beach Boys, Liz Gore (AKA Elle McFeast.. In the jumpseat of an F50!!), Geoff Fenich, Collette Mann on her way home from the first BB series, Rod Marsh (TOP Bloke!).

It PISSES me off NO END that we can't have guests on the flight deck any more!!! (Not that many celebs travel on my CURRENT airline!!)

Pinky the pilot
10th Sep 2004, 12:28
Had Harry Butler of 'In the wild' in a C206 once.....
(slinks off with tail between legs......):{
Well I thought it was noteworthy!!!
And once carted the Australian High Commisioner halfway around the Gulf Provinces of PNG in a BN2.
Oh Yes; and was once rostered to fly the then Prime Minister of PNG from Pom to Kerema in a C402. Did'nt happen 'though.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Rod H
10th Sep 2004, 20:07
My last 4 years of flying was as a Flight Instructor for Airbus Industrie based in Brunei as a pilot for the Sultan of Brunei. He was not just a passenger on his private A310 but he flew it from the left seat under instruction from myself and two other Airbus Instuctors . We not only carried him and lots of the Royal family but a great many celebs as well . Elton John , Tina Turner, Earth Wind and Fire & Billy Joel to name a few . There were also a lot of very famous international sportsman as well , these bought in for sports games as part of some of the Princes' "TEAM" . Games which the Princes always won of course ! The trophies were already engraved with the winners name ( The Princes ) long before the match even started.
Rod H

redsnail
10th Sep 2004, 21:14
Once flew the Wallabies from Coff's to Sydney in 2000. :D

Hey Wiz, didn't your airline deny Germaine Greer boarding not that long ago? She didn't have the correct ID and no one recognised her. :ok:

Boney
11th Sep 2004, 03:45
Andrew Gaize (or however it is spelt) - the Basket Baller. Quite a rude, arrogant individual actually.

hoss
11th Sep 2004, 05:09
too many to remember but had the US ambassador the other day:) .

Tankengine
11th Sep 2004, 05:18
Lots, like most airline guys.
In Cockpit [good old days]
Chuck Yeager
Tony Curtis
James Strong
Geoff Dixon
a couple of astronauts
Twit Piano player from "shine" [David Helfgot]
and downstairs - the Queen & Prince Philip

Ultralights
11th Sep 2004, 05:18
Shared a Busines class cabin with Jennifer Love hewitt, from Syd to Cairns

PCFlyer
11th Sep 2004, 05:41
Shared a Busines class cabin with Jennifer Love hewitt, from Syd to Cairns

:E

Capt Claret
11th Sep 2004, 06:59
Had a guy give me the bird as he walked past the cockpit to board one morning. :eek:

After the F/As were released, in bounces one of the bobsie twins, "guess who we've got on board? .......

Kevin Bluddy Wilson!!!" :)

Double Asymmetric
11th Sep 2004, 10:56
Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword and some purple Octopus...(name escapes me, I don't have kids.....):confused:

Transition Layer
11th Sep 2004, 13:44
Clarrie,

You weren't on your way to Meekatharra by any chance?

;)

TL

Capt Claret
11th Sep 2004, 14:35
TL

nope, PER.

Keg
11th Sep 2004, 14:43
Isabella Rosellini, the entire senior crew of the ALP from OOL-MEL just prior to the last election. Spent an hour talking to Laurie Lawrence one night between SIN and ADL. What a nice bloke he is. Deborah Hutton on the flight deck a few years back (very down to earth). Sat beside Dannii Minogoue on the flight deck back in about '96- and I thought I was short! :eek:

Kaptin M
11th Sep 2004, 22:28
I've flown Rod H!! :D

DirtyPierre
12th Sep 2004, 01:04
Isabella Rosalini and Danni Minogue! Wow, which one looked better in the flesh (so to speak)?

Desert Duck
12th Sep 2004, 11:20
1979 - Miss Universe contestants for three days.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
12th Sep 2004, 13:44
God has been my co-pilot on quite a few occasions - it don't get much bigger than that :ok:

Woomera - you can lock it up now:=

Keg
13th Sep 2004, 03:25
Pierre, Dannii had undergone her 'enhancement' surgery about six months earlier and whilst a cutie, you can't go past Isabella for pure 'class'!

To be honest though, what I remember more is the really great trips flying with great blokes (and gals!). Now, if we had a 'who would you prefer to fly with' type thread then I reckon that would raise some interesting stories! :E

MAXX
13th Sep 2004, 06:35
mal meninga- good bloke
ernie dingo-apparently a good bloke ,must have been having an off day
maryanne van dorsola(the lotto lady,nice legs)
keith williams, former owner of hamilton island resort(arrogant :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)

oh and i have to agree with the col ive had GOD in the aircraft on more than a few occassions and was very thankfull for it.

Pinky the pilot
13th Sep 2004, 10:13
Thanks for the reminder Colonel Kurtz Sir!
He was also my Co-pilot on the morning of the 9th of March 1992 (7.50am to be precise) and were it not for him I would not be here today!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Kickatinalong
13th Sep 2004, 12:43
(The red witch) Pauline, she a great girl.

kookabat
13th Sep 2004, 13:52
Me Mum!!!!!:)
First pax ever in the 152:}

Evanelpus
13th Sep 2004, 16:04
Claret

Nigel............................******* legend.

Got my ticket to see him in Stevenage in October, the man is pure class!!

redsnail
13th Sep 2004, 19:37
According to the great KBW, his son is now in QF.
I saw KBW at Dorking, UK.

DILLIGAF :D

Blue Line
14th Sep 2004, 06:15
Had - you aussies porb won't know
Mikey Havoc
Danny Watson
and the big one
The NZ Idols :}

Dave Incognito
14th Sep 2004, 06:34
Peter and Bev Brock - flew them around for a couple of hours on a scenic then had lunch afterwards. They are both fantastic people.

Ben Dark (getaway) - he was a ordinary but his wife was really nice.

Chief Wiggam
14th Sep 2004, 07:24
Picked up former Capt Mark Taylor (now Mr Fujitsu) from a remote NT resort and wanted to ride shotgun.
On the way back he told me how his group had just busted a unsuspecting couple having a r**t literally in the bushes. Very funny story with the girl running off wearing a leather jacket and holding a shotgun. Great bloke.

Can't say the same for Mick Doohan's helicopter pilot. The idiot landed (quite badly) about 30m from the Jet A1 bowser at Jabiru airport, then proceeded to unreel the hose. To his amazement the hose didn't reach. He then decided to blame the poor Kakair guys for this dilemma. They finally convinced him that the hose couldn't reach and that he would have to move the helicopter. Watching his hesitant efforts at getting closer to the bowser was just as funny.

And old Mick was just on his mobile the whole time.

Also had a friend fly the cast of 'High 5' to Kakadu. He went back to their private party later in Darwin where he met Daniel from Savage Garden. Told him that he had never heard of the band. Very funny.

vh-oja
14th Sep 2004, 09:55
Re Mick doohan's trip to Jabiru:

Apparently while they were sorting out to move the chopper "someone":yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :mad: was going off there rocker at Mick cos they couldn't get the 207's in for avgas, 5 world championships and people still don't know ya!!!:yuk:

:E

DirtyPierre
14th Sep 2004, 12:08
I actually went to school with Mick Doohan and his brother Col.

At school they were just a couple of ordinary kids who liked bikes and would never amount to anything unless they did some study!

DEOne
14th Sep 2004, 12:16
Nelson Mandela, Paul Simon, Chris Hani, U2, Naomi (Superb!tch) Cambell,...

ITCZ
14th Sep 2004, 12:53
Carried the PM, Mrs Howard and Right Hon A. Downer plus press gallery a little while back, wasn't expecting to talk to them, thought they had disembarked, so when someone unexpectedly opened the cockpit door as I was finishing off the entries in the tech log I turned around and scowled at the unwanted intruder... the Prime Minister of Australia!:uhoh:

Other more amiable encounters included...
Dennis Lillee in a crowded C402, reminded him he 'cut my lunch' about six years earlier at the Norwood Hotel!
Daryl Somers (nice guy)
Ernie Dingo (likewise)
Russel Crowe
Christine Anu
Monty the morning weatherman (also nice guy, good thing he doesn't know I nearly killed him and his crew, that would have made the news, eh!)

CaptainToBe
15th Sep 2004, 12:33
ITCZ was Russel Crowe really the arrogant d!ckhead that everyone makes him out to be?

Put it this way...did he try and start a fight with you? :p

Speeds high
15th Sep 2004, 21:44
Chief Wiggam, you da Man!

That Charlie off High Five could teach me to count any day of the week. About the best time waster in the crew room is having Charlie teach about colours and shapes....

Yeah ill show you a shape baby!

:E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E :E

Marauder
16th Sep 2004, 00:21
Humphrey B. Bear

Sen Ray, when he was acting p.m. (Keating on holidays), good fun having Mil aircraft moved out of your way, whilst transitting Mil airspace.