PDA

View Full Version : BAE Systems Europe "Survey"

tunneler
10th Sep 2004, 08:50
Not entirely sure if this is going to be in the correct forum for people to view it but I'm sure if I've got this wrong one of the moderators (cheers guys) will sort it.

I received an email from Jerez this morning asking me to complete a survey for them which included questions about my current employment etc etc - all fair enough with one exception.

One of the questions on the form asked me to disclose my salary - I fail to see any benefit that potential customers of BAE could gain by knowing recent graduates salaries - if anything I can envisage prices being "bumped up" if they establish that graduates are making decent money.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I would ask any graduates of Jerez who receive this email not to pass on salary details - I dont really think its any of their business!!!

Hope you're all happy whatever you're flying.

Tunneler.

AJ
10th Sep 2004, 09:13
Perhaps it would be useful for wannabes about to start out on the long road (whether potential Jerez customers or not) to have some idea of what kind of salary they might expect if and when they become employed? Most of us could probably take an educated guess, but it would be nice to gain some average figures; most, if not all of us will not base our career decision on salary alone, or at all. We're all here because we want to do it for the sheer love, but it would nonetheless be 'nice to know', even useful for those trying to work out what size loan they are comfortable with taking out.

Maybe I'm not being cyncical enough, but I can't presently see any ulterior motives here. Anyway, there's always ppjn.

cheers