PDA

View Full Version : Any advice would be a great help.

Canada
9th Sep 2004, 03:39
Hello, Im 18 years old from Canada, I started like airplanes and flying when I played Flight Sim 2000 and havn't stopped to this day. Im one of those guys who looks up in the sky when any airplane is flying over and sometime pretends hes flying in his car :O.
I finished high school a year ago and just took a year off and thought I would have something in mind this September, but im a little lost in the career world. I love flying, and I was about to go for my Private and stuff but I dont know something about it scares me the factor of not to many jobs out there is my biggest thing. I usally work like 20 hours to 30 hours a week and earn around 10 bucks a hour so flying would work perfectly into my schedule. The thing is I've looked at many college program but nothing really intrests me, also looked at army but don't thing it would be the best place to be. All my friends are in college now doing something and I still havn't started anything, yes many may say I'm still young but I want a career job and just drive me self till I reach it, and not just site around at home till im like 30 lol waiting for something to hit me. What is the usally cost for say a full time student doing his private, like estimate cost spending in a week, even tho some rental may be cheaper what did you spend average in a week and how many days to you go?

Well Im pretty much asking here is for some advice if you guys got any for me?

Sorry for any spelling mistakes :rolleyes:

Thank you

Mooneyboy
9th Sep 2004, 16:31
By Private do you mean PPL? Not sure what canadian prices are like but to get a PPL FAA in Florida would cost about $5000. Take a look in your local flying magazines is best bet. If you were going to do a full residential ATPL then costs depend on whether you are going to do modular or intergrated. Modular is cheaper at around £30,000 and a intergrated course usually £60,000. Not sure what that would work out in your currency but best advice look in the back of pilot magazines. These prices don't always include accomodation.

Mooneyboy;)

pipergirl
10th Sep 2004, 05:45
Canada,

If I were you, I'd just go and do ur Private Licence, enjoy it and don't worry about jobs in the future.....You gotta learn to walk before you can run, right?

Do ur Private, enjoy it, u'll love it. See how u feel, then continue down the commercial route if u still want to after ur private and take things from there:ok: