PDA

View Full Version : royal jet

Lan Ding Gere
8th Sep 2004, 14:13
Was there a royal jet down at manston yesterday ?

I was driving on the road next to the runway when I saw a jet that looked like the one in the link, but the one I saw didn't have the stripe down the fuselage. It had the red T tail with the union jack on the tail

Like this but without the go faster stripes (http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=264047&WxsIERv=QnJpdGlzaCBBZXJvc3BhY2UgQkFlLTE0NiBDMSAoQkFlLTE0Ni0x MDAp&WdsYXMg=VUsgLSBBaXIgRm9yY2U%3D&QtODMg=QmVybiAtIEJlbHAgKEJlbHBtb29zKSAoQlJOIC8gTFNaQik%3D&ERDLTkt=U3dpdHplcmxhbmQ%3D&ktODMp=QXVndXN0IDE3LCAyMDAy&BP=0&WNEb25u=QWRyaWFuIEhlcnppZw%3D%3D&xsIERvdWdsY=WkU3MDA%3D&MgTUQtODMgKE=RGVwYXJ0aW5nIHRvIEZpcmVuemU%3D&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=MzIy&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwMi0wOC0xOA%3D%3D&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=RTEwMjE%3D&static=yes)

AVIACO
10th Sep 2004, 14:47
Could have been. The Royal Flight aircraft are going to be painted all white by the end of the year, as a security measure. So maybe the aircraft you saw was half way through the job!!! By next week, perhaps the tail will be white too and the Union Jack gone.

Pity we have to take such anti terrorism measures in this day and age. The Queen will look less "regal" stepping off a plain white plane!

It will resemble something like the sub charters that the likes of Flightline operates to Gerona on behalf of Britannia when one of their 757's is sick.

AVIACO