PDA

View Full Version : FreedomAir

TOPC
8th Sep 2004, 04:48
Can anyone tell me what sort of engines the FreedomAir 737s have?
Are Freedom going to pick up any of the Air New Zealand A320s.
Thanks. :D

grdproxinop
8th Sep 2004, 05:24
The 737's Freedom have have the 22K engines. With regards to the Airbus the first is meant to arrive in March next year. Well that is what management have said.

TOPC
8th Sep 2004, 05:54
Thanks prox.
Are they old or new 300s ?.Do they have the update 10 fms?

grdproxinop
8th Sep 2004, 07:39
Thet are relatively new except for one of them ( ZK-FDM ). All but FDM have update 10.5. FDM has update 5.0.
Freedom is aquiring an ex Air NZ 737 later this month ( ZK-NGA ) due to expansion. Not to sure if it has update 10.5 but would be surprised if it hasn't

TOPC
8th Sep 2004, 07:48
Thanks Prox.
What are they like to work for ? Not much on the net regarding freedom.
Much of a career path etc.
Would you care to pm me.
Cheers.

Plas Teek
8th Sep 2004, 09:06
NGA has the 10.5 update.
It also is the ONLY 737 in Air NZ with GPS.

TOPC
8th Sep 2004, 09:27
So am I right in presuming all the 73s are to be replaced for A320s over the long term ? If this is the case will the company bond you for the type conversion ?

grdproxinop
8th Sep 2004, 21:35
TOPC a PM is coming your way

TOPC
11th Sep 2004, 10:14
Is the intention of freedom to expand.(ie fleet size )
Will they be doing Fiji ?

Cloud Cutter
11th Sep 2004, 21:00
TOPC

I think they are expanding cautiously so as not to step on Air NZ's toes. The fifth 737 was initially surposed to be online around 2 years ago. With the move to A320s there will obviously be a further increase in capacity.

They ARE already doing Fiji.

kiwipilot02
12th Sep 2004, 23:16
Fiji from Dunedin will be a new route for the longer range a320. Also ZK-NGA has had the magic carpet removed from the rear hold in preparation for delivery to SJ.

TOPC
14th Sep 2004, 21:10
With the combination of Air New Zealand / Freedon Air seniority numbers`, how long would a Freedom F/O now expect to wait before getting into the left seat. Has there been a lot of F/O s from ANZ accepting Freedom Commands.?:confused:

TOPC
21st Sep 2004, 08:55
Where are the domiciled bases.Can you live anywhere and commute successfully ?

Plas Teek
21st Sep 2004, 10:28
Only 2 or 3 have moved from Air NZ to Freedom.
Many times that the other way.

Cloud Cutter
22nd Sep 2004, 04:47
I see NGA is now operated by SJ but still in NZ livery. What will the poor, easily confused pulic think?:}

grdproxinop
24th Sep 2004, 11:26
Bases for Freedom are in AA, Hamilton and CH to be opened offically in mid Oct. It would be hard to commute from some places but we have crew who do live in WN, CH even now before the base opens and other places through out NZ, ie Tauranga

Yes we are operating NGA in ANZ colours but believe me we want to change that ASAP.

Plas Teek
25th Sep 2004, 06:30
I thinkits confused the odd controller at times.

Although I see it's scheduled to do a few Air NZ sectors soon.

grdproxinop
25th Sep 2004, 06:42
Interesting you say it is to do some ANZ schedules soon, I think you will see that change as it is now regarding as a Freedom Aircraft and on our books. The only reason it hasn't been painted straight away is that there isn't any time. One of other 737's is out on maint and it is needed now. It is due to be painted later this year or early next

TOPC
25th Sep 2004, 22:41
Anyone have any ideas about the non merger of Qantas and ANZ,and the impact that will have on Freedom.??

romansandal
26th Sep 2004, 00:58
Call me a spotter, but isn't it interesting that ZK-NGA is working for Freedom and ZK-FRE for ANZ.

grdproxinop
26th Sep 2004, 09:01
SPOTTER !!

Heard someone read in the paper on Sat, the Hearld, that some guy that written an article which stated that with the merged being called off that Freedom was expected to expand from 5 to upto 12 aircraft.

I think he may be dreaming, has anyone seen this article

rescue 1
26th Sep 2004, 22:39
With the non-merger (only a "defacto" now) you may see Jetconnect expanding and taking on Freedom and NZ.

Run them into the ground and then buy up. Helen can't keep spending forever...

Plas Teek
28th Sep 2004, 23:45
Of coures she can. She's got 7.4 billion in her coffers.
But I suppose that's all covered to give to the great unwashed to re-elect her commies.

skydozer
29th Sep 2004, 08:30
Romansandal

FRE started out as NGL but was suppose to go into the Freedom Fleet as FRE ......... plans change so it stayed with ANZ. NGA is only a short term lease so Rego change was thought to be not worth it.

Freedom has no plans to expand past 6 aircraft at this stage of the game ..... Suggestions are that something big will occour between Jetstar and Jetconnect.

propaganda
29th Sep 2004, 13:47
Skydozer,

Tell us more about the Jetstar-Jetconnect rumour, things are really going to hot up on the Tasman......I wonder who's got the bigger balls, It's obviously not Helen's lot !!! :ok:

Dixons Cider
21st Jan 2005, 08:50
Hey guys, what sort of package are Freedom offering up these days. Been away from unzud for some time now, so a bit out of the loop. Understand its common seniority with ANZ, but no staff travel - correct?
Just fishing..

Cheers Dixon

atyourcervix73
21st Jan 2005, 22:37
Hey all...does anyone have any contact details for CP's..or Ops people I can have a chat with at freedom?..or Air NZ come to think of it.

Just to fill in the blanks...Im a kiwi currently flying 757/767's in Europe as a Capt etc.......around 9K hrs..and looking to come back, hence Id rather have a chat to someone with respect to the relevance of my experience, so Im not wasting anyones time..including my own. Thanks if you can help.

PM me if its more discreet

Cheers:cool:

Plas Teek
22nd Jan 2005, 01:46
Try:
Air NZ / Freedom Air Recruiting (http://www.freedomair.com/en/about-us/recruitment.jsp#pilots)

They could possibly put you in touch with someone.

But it will most likely be in the Rt Seat...

However Pacific Blue (Virgin in NZ) may have Left seat options based in Chch. Try:
Pacific Blue (http://www.bfound.net/detail.aspx?jobId=27356&CoId=43)

atyourcervix73
22nd Jan 2005, 22:14
Thanks for the info

:D

BCF Breath
27th Jan 2005, 08:28
Air NZ is now doing a fair amount of Freedoms Flying.
So what does that mean for the troops?
When will the combination occur?