PDA

View Full Version : ba citiexpress courses

give me an axe
7th Sep 2004, 18:49
i have recently heard from bacx that im in the holding pool and that they intend to run course before the end of the year. Has anybody else heard ?? got a start date ?? for t/prop or jet fleet ????

luckyPierre
8th Sep 2004, 08:41
Im glad you put this post on I have been considering putting one on myself.

Im in the Turbo Prop hold pool myself. I have been told there may be courses running Nov Dec but as yet they are not confirmed.

Anyone any other info?

moku
8th Sep 2004, 17:34
I am also in the hold pool and have so far heard a few "dates" they range anywhere between Nov/Dec or Jan/Feb. I guess it depends on who you talk to at BACX.
Again, nothing confirmed by BACX.

M.

jaarrgh
8th Sep 2004, 19:06
Wish I could add more, but I've heard the same sort of things. I guess we are awaiting them to go ahead with the November and December courses.

Any votes for a sit-in outside RH's office? We could make coffee and be nice to her until she lets us in.
:)

luckyPierre
9th Sep 2004, 09:06
November December sounds fine but I have also heard from them that they are not doing any courses till early part of next year on the TP fleet.

Apparantly there are 30 of us in the hold pool.

I could bake her a cake to take with us whilst we camp outside her office.

give me an axe
9th Sep 2004, 23:16
Does anybody know about the jet fleet hold pool ??? I was just told that they are desperate for jet pilots (as i am in the jet pool) ??

are they gonna run course for the EMB / RJ / 146 ??? any ideas .........

luckyPierre
10th Sep 2004, 12:13
Jet hold pool!

What experience do you need to be in that one. I have been told that most in the TP hold pool are <400 hrs.

I thought they were short on the jet fleet.

ptangyangkipperbang
13th Sep 2004, 09:48
I too am in the TP holding pool. I called the other day out of frustration and was told that there are 30 of us in the TP holding pool, and no idea when the next TP course would be held. There's one starting in October, but none scheduled for November or beyond. Apparently they need board approval for each course they run. Reading between the lines I got the impression that it would be the new year before there would be any movement. However I was also told that the situation is very fluid with pilots handing in their notice on a regular basis. I would have thought it highly unlikely that they would run a course in December with Christmas and all but I could be wrong. Apparently call up to the courses is not necessarily done on chronolgical order (ie date of sim check etc). I have 350 hours TT and did the check in the first week of August.

I have no idea as to when, where or what. I can only assume new year, Manchester, Dash 8 Q300.

Looks like I'll be instructing for a while longer.

IRRenewal
13th Sep 2004, 11:48
There is actually a Dash 8 course starting today, believe it or not. We had good-bye drinks with a part time instructor at my local club last Friday to celebrate his start at BACX.