PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Iceland (Icelandair, Iceland Express, etc.)

datafox
7th Sep 2004, 14:19
Hello,

I'm currently a B-737 pilot in the United States about to get furloughed from a major airline.

I was wondering about job opportunities in Iceland. If there are any pilots who currently reside in Iceland and/or fly for a company with HQ in Iceland please contact me, as I'd love to hear from you and pick at your knowledge.

Iceland is a beautiful country and I'd love to work and/or live there if at all possible.

Sincerely,

Datafox

pjdj777
7th Sep 2004, 15:21
Datafox.

Iceland Express is operated by Astraeus, a charter airline which is based at LGW and MAN flying 737s and one 757. As it's a British airline you'd need JAA/CAA license to work for them.

Hope this helps

PJ

deTrix75
13th Sep 2004, 20:48
To work for an Icelandic airline you would have to hold a JAR license and have the right to live and work in the EU. Do you fulfill these basic requirements Datafox?

Best regards,
deTrix

Avenger
14th Sep 2004, 18:35
Strange old world we live in! some of our guys who hold dual citizenship are leaving us in October to go from Dublin to Miami Air.

I also hear this is the case with a few other Excel contract pilots, but they are Dutch.

Seems a pity you have to leave the US and trudge to Iceland when there is work in your own country.

I know folks that applied to Iceland Air but were told the local unions put the clamp on foriegn pilots, hence the link the Astraeus I guess.