PDA

View Full Version : Too old for CTC/ sponsorships

SMF
6th Sep 2004, 20:34
I have come too realize that at the age of 26, I am too old to apply for the CTC scheme. This annoys me a bit as I have not had the opportunity to pursue this career until now. Are there other possibilities for wannabees like me, or are there any sponsorships available at the moment? Anyway, I intend to follow my dream even if I have to pay for it all myself. It would be nice to get some financial aid though;)

Fred4000
6th Sep 2004, 21:24
Mate ThomasCook take cadets until the age of 27!

APPLY NOW - its worth a shot. Being 26 only means you wont be able to go for Easyjet, so just dont select that scheme on the application form.

There are three options for sponsorship (through the CTC scheme):

1. CTCMcAlpine
2. Easyjet
3. ThomasCook

Your eligible for 1 and 3. Get cracking ASAP

High Wing Drifter
7th Sep 2004, 06:33
The CTC App scheme has an upper age of 34.

monkeyboy
7th Sep 2004, 06:48
HWD, I think SMF is referring to the ab initio scheme where you start from scratch and not the ATP/I've already got my license scheme.

SMF, don't give up. There are plenty of us that started late in the day and have made it to that first job. It took me 4 years and I started at 26.

MB

High Wing Drifter
7th Sep 2004, 06:53
Ah! Right...thanks :)

FliegerTiger
7th Sep 2004, 07:18
Drifter, they've now lowered the age limit to 33 for the ATP scheme.

scroggs
7th Sep 2004, 08:18
This goes to show that you must read the small print very carefully - and know what it is you're looking at!

Scroggs

High Wing Drifter
7th Sep 2004, 09:35
On their website it says "between 19 and 34" I suppose, with prior knowledge, you may read that to mean upto but not including 34.

FliegerTiger
7th Sep 2004, 18:52
In that case, they're giving mixed info. I got an info pack and application form through the post from them, says on requirements max. age is 33.

Anybody got the lowdown on this?

SMF
7th Sep 2004, 20:27
I think we are talking about two different scemes here!

- The ATP Scheme is for people who already hold a frozen ATPL or full JAA. For people between 19 and 34.

-The Cadet Sponsorship Scheme is for people with no previous experience. This is the sceme I was thinking of!
For people over 18, but not yet 26 at the time of application, 27 with Thomas Cook.

Thanks guys, you have made my day:D
It`s worth a shot:ok: