PDA

View Full Version : Airline v Corporate

jib
6th Sep 2004, 05:10
After having looked at the “When do you know you've made it?” Pages I got to thinking. Where would the average Aussie and NZ p-pruner prefer to end up given the choice of Airline or Corporate, I’ve made my choice and just find it interesting that most others don’t feel the same way. Any thoughts?
Cheers All.
JIB

ITCZ
6th Sep 2004, 06:37
FWIW, the corporate equipment has some hot little numbers that would be fun to fly (falcons, gulfstreams, some of the citations, etc) but I pass on the lifestyle.

I like knowing where and when I will be flying for the month. I like to be able to plan activities for days off, and can plan to catch up with mates on overnights.

Talking to mates who have 'done' corporate, they are 'over it.' Its just charter with more capable equipment, equipment that has you out of the country and away for weeks sometimes.

I envy them their aeroplanes, but I have a life!

My 2c worth.

Capt Claret
6th Sep 2004, 06:42
ITCH, your shortchanging us, that's only worth 1.5C :E

TD&H
6th Sep 2004, 12:26
Is it really that bad? I fly corporate/air taxi in the UK and enjoy it. Different lifestyle suiting different people.

We're visiting Aus in October and all our Aussie friends say we'll love it so much we'll want to stay. But will there be any jobs in corporate/air taxi?

ITCZ
7th Sep 2004, 01:46
Horses for courses, that is what I meant.

If you are a young single male who wants to see the world, you may love it.

If you prefer to stay in touch with some of your non-pilot friends, enjoy the house, widescreen tv and new car that your salary enables you to buy, then.... its not for me.

This horse likes the look of a G-IV, but you can keep the lifestyle.

Have a read about the life of a Gulfstream IV corporate driver on AVWEB "Pelican's Perch" (http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/182146-1.html)

Corporate in Europe may be very different, but then Aussies are used to covering 500-1000nm as domestic airline routes.

Then again, NetJets Europe [Lisbon?] sounds orright. Six days away, six days home I understand....

Howard Hughes
7th Sep 2004, 05:04
Corporate all the way, but only the airlines want me.....:(

Jib what's the secret?

Cheers, HH.
:ok:

jib
7th Sep 2004, 06:25
HH,
As strange as this may sound to you ………….. Only Corporate wants me!!

No secret really. I just fell into it and can’t seem to get out. Also a great Boss and nice a/c helps.
Cheers,
JIB