amos2
4th Sep 2004, 09:37
Well, what a win today!

So now we'll go all the way!

You just watch us! :p :p :p

The Voice
4th Sep 2004, 12:24
go the BOMBERS

what a week it's been .. capped off with a fine win!! (and a fine wine or two as well!)

TheStormyPetrel
4th Sep 2004, 13:45
Hi Voice

I'm glad to see you are still vocal!! So the Bombers have a chance - and we'll see!!

gaunty
4th Sep 2004, 15:45
The Voice

When ya do come my way I expect a call and a cuppa coffee at least . :)
0417 958 312 and if a woman answers its mrs gaunty and you are a "market research" person :) :} OK.:ok:

Nah, really she is really quite tame and ony kills fresh game once a month, so you should be all right. :confused: :=

GoGirl
5th Sep 2004, 00:05
Perhaps you should encourage them to go shopping together :p

Buster Hyman
5th Sep 2004, 00:57
Bloody hell! Is this a footy thread, or a Westfield catalogue???;) :E

amos, I think we've just got another week in the tank ol' son!:(

The Voice
5th Sep 2004, 04:18
Gaunty you're on! It'll be a pleasure to chat to you AND Mrs Gaunty .. a little retail therapy is always welcomed GG YOU know that:E

presently at Chez Billet where things are at an even pace even if somewhat slower than one has been used to in years gone by ..

Buster Hyman
6th Sep 2004, 03:50
Don't you just love a system that allows the eighth placed team to be able to play all it's finals at home!!!:E :ok:

Buster Hyman
10th Sep 2004, 02:55
If I were a Saints supporter, I'd be livid that one of my players was "strangled" to the ground & the offender gets off on a technicality! I'm wondering though, if he cannot be charged for rough play because there was no play at the time, does that mean he can be charged with assault by the Police???;)

TheStormyPetrel
10th Sep 2004, 05:35
I don't think you need to be a Saints supporter to be outraged that he walks off scott free.

Your idea of the police charging him is an interesting one. Do we have any crim lawyers who frequent the forum who might be able to give an opinion on that idea?

The Voice
10th Sep 2004, 09:04
In the dim dark depths of something I have read somewhere .. a precedent has been set ... and yes a complaint could be made by a 'victim' ...

Buster Hyman
10th Sep 2004, 11:56
SAINTS FLOG THE SWANNIES!!!!

Good one Stormy!!!:ok:

TheStormyPetrel
10th Sep 2004, 13:25
Thanks Buster :)

I'm watching it here in Perth, and am only up to 1/2 time, though obviously I have seen the final score. So far it's a good match.

I do not understand why we still have the huge 1/2 time break when it's a delayed telecast. How ridiculous. I'm dying to see the rest of the match - that I guess you've had the chance to watch.

Now, time for the Bombers to sort out the Cats!! :ok:

Buster Hyman
10th Sep 2004, 14:34
I only briefly glimpsed a minute or two here & there....I'm sorry Stormy, but I actually went as a neutral to the StK v Freo game...as far as I could tell, the Saints displayed moments of sheer brilliance in between Benny Hill type hilarity!

My cousins are big Saints fans & I wish them the best, but I don't think they'll go too much farther than the Dons this year!:( IMHO.

:ok:

TheStormyPetrel
10th Sep 2004, 14:57
I remain optimistic - more so this week! :)

TheStormyPetrel
11th Sep 2004, 12:09
Well Essendon played a great last 1/4. I thought they just might manage to come back.

Hird is incredible, isn't he. Bad luck Bombers' supporters, no disgrace though.

Buster Hyman
11th Sep 2004, 12:14
DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH!
This is why it's a 4 quarter game!:{ :{ :{

The Voice
12th Sep 2004, 07:16
The things that happen when you're asleep ..

BUGGA!!

TheStormyPetrel
17th Sep 2004, 14:15
Well that was a very exciting match. The Saints didn't disgrace themselves, specially it being in Adelaide. But oh, the result is sad.....

Buster Hyman
18th Sep 2004, 09:34
Stormy. Nothing to be sad about here. The Saints gave it their all & can fly home proud of a good season. For the record, they played nothing like the Freo game!

Roll on season 2005!:ok:

TheStormyPetrel
25th Sep 2004, 08:09
Not the Lions. Interesting. Great to see Port get up!!

Buster Hyman
25th Sep 2004, 08:27
Bunch of thugs! Both of them! Don't deserve to be there!:E

I thought it was touching the way that Cornes boy was punching Browns injured knee...:rolleyes: Good to see a changing of the guard though, I couldn't bear that "Greatest team ever" tag going to BNE!!!

Roll on 2005...the year of the BOMBER!

amos2
25th Sep 2004, 12:44
...and so, as this year now comes to an end we can all take a break and return in 2005 to berate the s***t out of Collingwood and Whiskery again, which, after all, is what this thread is all about!! :p :p :p

Cheers!

Whiskery
26th Sep 2004, 10:41
I'll be back next year amos and so will the mighty PIES ! Well done PORT POWER and Damien Hardwick gets my Oscar nomination for best actor 2004 :}

Buster - you must be joking. THUGS ! Bombers are full of them ! :E

Buster Hyman
26th Sep 2004, 21:50
No, not really...our best one went to Port & did quite well I thought! He played them at their own game & rattled quite a few of these so called invincibles!

In all honesty, I wish Essendon did have some thugs, far too many skilled, clean cut boys playing for us.....:E

The Voice
26th Sep 2004, 22:03
My heartiest congrats to Mark (we were school mates, a big shame his twin bro wasn't here today to see this. The Williams clan is synonymous with footy in SA) and the players ..

they played a great game and didn't succumb to the biffo meted out by the pussycats ..

bring on the next year I say .. bring it on!

gaunty
27th Sep 2004, 00:01
Yeah it must the Hawks turn again, isn't it? :)