PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Challenge To 7E7 'Difficult To Believe'

747FOCAL
1st Sep 2004, 17:25
Airbus Challenge To 7E7 'Difficult To Believe'
Forbes Online 09/01/04

Credit Suisse First Boston said Airbus' A350 aircraft may not be able to challenge the 7E7 from Boeing (nyse: BA - news - people ). Reports noted that the A350 used new fuel-efficient engines designed by General Electric (nyse: GE - news - people ) and Rolls-Royce, and would cost about $2 billion to develop. CSFB said, "[W]e find it difficult to believe that Airbus could deliver 7E7 cost savings with an older airframe for only a $2 billion investment while also successfully completing development and production of the A380 and launching the military A400M." The research firm said Airbus could be floating the information "to give airlines pause before considering a large investment in the 7E7" and noted that Boeing "did the same with its B747 derivative idea when Airbus was initially shopping the A380 concept to potential customers," noting that "ultimately Boeing shelved the idea." CSFB said, "While we expect an Airbus response to strong market acceptance of the 7E7, we believe a delivered aircraft is unlikely before 2011 to 2012." The firm said that "order news flow in the coming months, particularly for the 7E7, will drive Boeing shares higher" and it maintained an "outperform" rating on Boeing with a $55 target.

superspotter
3rd Sep 2004, 20:48
747FOCAL
Do you actually do anything with your life other than spend 24/7 trying your best to denigrate Airbus??:uhoh:

747FOCAL
3rd Sep 2004, 20:53
I think if you look around you will see I beat up Boeing as well. You just notice it more because it is closer to home. ;)

There is also many of my posts here that have nothing to do with bashing either. :E